Pokemon Go is hosting another special event later this week, with the start of the Pokemon Go Halloween 2019 event.
Similar to past seasonal events players have seen there will be the usual assortment of silly Pokemon dressed in clothes, an increase in Ghost and Dark-type Pokemon, as well as various in-game boosts to candy and XP.
The Halloween event is due to begin October 17, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (that's 9pm BST) and will last until to Friday, November 1, 2019 at the same time.
What is interesting to note though, is that the event will introduce two brand new shiny Pokemon in the form of Shiny Shiny Yamask and its evolved form Shiny Cofagrigus.
Read on, we'll explain everything you need to know about catching the games new Shiny Pokemon, including how to get its new shiny evolutions.
At the time of writing, it's not possible to say for certain but based on what Niantic said it seems like your best bet will be encountering a shiny Shiny Yamask in the wild.
Equally, it's worth remembering that it's not possible to encounter a Shiny Cofagrigus in the wild. As you won't encounter Yamask's wild form in the wild.
As you can see from the above images, Shiny Yamask changes from black to dark blue with a mask that also changes from gold to silver.
Shiny Cofagrigus also undergoes a change, with the gold body changing to silver and the blue highlights changing to pink.
Keep reading as we've broken down all of the potential ways you might be able to encounter a Shiny Yamask moving forward.
Yamask will not be available in the game as an egg hatch. This could change in the future but we wouldn't count on it during the Halloween event.
At the time of writing, Niantic haven't confirmed Yamask as a potential raid boss. Although, there may be a more extensive list of raid bosses available when the event goes live.
In the Wild:
Shiny Yamask will be spawning in the wild, with slightly increased rates for the duration of the Halloween event. However, as mentioned by The Silph Road, the shiny rate for wild encounters is roughly one in 450. So you're going to need to encounter a lot to find that shiny!
To increase your chances of encountering a shiny, you want to go somewhere spawning as many Yamask as possible.
We'd suggest that to boost your chances you should head over to the Silph Road Global Nest Atlas to find your nearest Yamask nest.
Obviously, the more Yamask you encounter, the higher your odds of eventually encountering a shiny.
Keep reading and you can see the full low down of Pokemon Go Halloween Event details.
Pokemon GO Halloween 2019 – Features and Bonuses
As per a Niantic post, here's what you can expect to land in the Halloween update:
- Rescue more Shadow Pokémon from Team GO Rocket — Be ready to rescue the following Pokémon from Team GO Rocket Grunts at PokéStops near you: Weedle, Kakuna, Beedrill, Electabuzz, Magmar, Lapras, Mareep, Seedot, Nuzleaf, Sableye, Trapinch, Cacnea, Shuppet, and Duskull.
- Thrilling threads in the Style Shop — Play dreadful dress-up with new avatar items, including a Zubat Bag, a Pikachu Onesie, a Cubone Cap, a Litwick Cap, and a Mimikyu Bag!
- A Spooky Shiny Pokémon makes its debut — If you’re lucky, you might encounter Shiny Yamask.
- Don’t be scared! More Ghost- and Dark-type Pokémon will be appearing in the wild, in Eggs, and in raids — Gastly, Murkrow, and more will be appearing. Making its Halloween debut is Yamask, the Spirit Pokémon!
- Pokémon wearing creepy-cute Halloween costumes arrive in raids and in the wild! — Some Pokémon have donned costumes to celebrate Halloween this year! Look forward to Bulbasaur wearing Shedinja costumes, Charmander wearing Cubone costumes, and Squirtle wearing Yamask costumes in raids. In the wild, be on the lookout for Pikachu wearing Mimikyu costumes! If you’re lucky, you might even encounter these alarmingly adorable Pokémon as Shiny Pokémon!
- The Pitch-Black Pokémon makes its ominous debut in Pokémon GO! Darkrai will be appearing in five-star raids!
- Frightful and fun Field Research tasks will be available for a limited time during this event.
- You’ve received a spooky message. Check out your Special Research when the Halloween event begins, Trainer, and you might face a Forbidden Pokémon…
Source: Read Full Article