Epic Games, Fortnite and Samsung have a well-known history for releasing skins for the free-to-play Battle Royale game that are exclusive to Samsung device owners.
And today, they've released a brand new outfit to collect for your Fortnite wardrobe: The Glow Skin (and Levitate Emote).
In the past, we've seen the Fornite Galaxy Skin and Fortnite iKONIC Skin both released in conjunction with the release of Samsung mobiles such as the Samsung Galaxy S10 and Samsung Note devices.
What's more interesting about the Glow skin in this instance, however, is that it doesn't appear to be tied to the release of a new Samsung Mobile device. Better still, once you've claimed it, you can use it on console.
Instead, you can seemingly claim the skin simply by owning a Samsung Galaxy device and downloading Fortnite onto the smartphone.
How good is that? Free skins for mobile players!
Keep reading and we'll tell you what devices are eligible to claim the new Glow Skin and Levitate Emote as well as more details on how to get the cosmetics onto your account.
What Samsung phone do you need to get Fortnite Glow Skin?
First up, you need to check that you have a device that is eligible with the Fortnite promotion.
For the most part, this covers a wide variety of Samsung Galaxy devices. But to make sure, check your smartphone model appears on the list below:
- Note10+ 5G
- S10 5G
- S8 Active
- S7 edge
- S7 Active
- Tab S6
- Tab S4
- Tab S3
- Tab S3 Wi-Fi
How to redeem Fortnite GLOW skin and Levitate emote?
Right, so you've checked you have the right device and your good to go. Excellent.
Now all you have to do is follow the instructions below on your Galaxy device.
- Download and launch Fortnite from the Galaxy Store or Galaxy Game Launcher on your qualifying Samsung Galaxy device. If Fortnite is not available within Galaxy Store on your device, it means your device is unfortunately not eligible.
- Sign in to your Epic Games account or sign up for a new Epic Games account.
- Make sure your store is set to Samsung in Settings > Account > Content > Android Store Selection.
- Note: If Fortnite is downloaded through Galaxy Store, Android Store selection is automatically set to Samsung and will not appear in the settings.
- Go to the Fortnite Store.
- Tap on the Fortnite GLOW outfit.
- Note: The Fortnite GLOW outfit should appear in the Fortnite Store under Limited Time Offers.
- A notice will pop up asking you to register a credit card if you have not done so already.
- Click Next on the pop-up and register a credit card (your card will not be charged).
- Tap the Fortnite GLOW outfit again to choose the option to redeem the outfit and emote for yourself, or gift it to a friend, by 12/31/19.
- Note: Two-factor authentication will need to be enabled for Gifting.
- Your Fortnite GLOW outfit and Levitate emote will be available in your LOCKER.
If you want to you can also gift the Glow Skin to one of your friends. Maybe someone who doesn't have a Samsung device.
Or you could be greedy and keep it for yourself.
We won't judge (much).
In App Purchase error for Fortnite Glow Skin?
Some users have reported issues with trying to claim the Fortnite Glow Skin from Samsung in the last 24 hours.
The two error codes that seem to be appearing for users are the following:
At present there's no info from Samsung on any issues, but the same errors were reported when the IKonik skin was released and most users at the time reported that it was an error related to credit card details. Samsung do say that you need to have registered a credit card to proceed so perhaps the details are incorrect?
We'll be sure to update this should we find more info.
Source: Read Full Article