Early Tuesday morning, Infinity Ward and Activision updated Call of Duty: Warzone and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Season 5: Reloaded adds a host of new features to both the battle royale and Modern Warfare’s multiplayer mode.
Most notably, the new update will usher in the first Games of Summer event. Players around the world can compete in various trials, earning medals and rewards for both themselves and their country.
Warzone also got the new King Slayer mode, which is a Team Deathmatch spin on the battle royale. Players can squad up and battle other teams in a deathmatch around Verdansk. In this mode, instead of a shrinking circle, the circle moves around the map, forcing players to battle on the run and frequently change their battleground. The best performing player on the top five teams will also become a “King,” making them worth bonus points and a free killstreak reward if they’re killed.
Meanwhile, Modern Warfare got a new version of Ground War called Ground War Reinforce, which mixes Capture the Flag into the big-team battle format.
Both Modern Warfare and Warzone received a new weapon, the FiNN LMG, designed to blur the lines between assault rifle and LMG. Players can also pick up a new operator straight out of a spaghetti western: Morte. Morte is an Italian operator, complete with mustache, five o’clock shadow, hat, and poncho.
The patch is currently available on all Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare platforms. For a more detailed breakdown of the patch, you can check out our Season 5: Reloaded post.
Here are the official patch notes for Season 5: Reloaded.
Call of Duty: Warzone season 5: Reloaded Patch Notes
- PS4: 10.6GB
- Xbox: 14.09GB
- PC: 11.3GB (F2P) / 17.6GB (Premium)
If you’re looking to free up hard drive space on your console, you have the option to delete content you may no longer wish to use in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Click HERE to see how to manage and delete content.
- Ground War
- Ground War Reinforce (32 players)
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Shoot the Ship
- Face Off Verdansk Stadium (2v2)
- BR Solos
- BR Duos
- BR Trios
- BR Quads
- Plunder: Quads
- King Slayer Trios
Learn more about what’s coming in Season Five Reloaded by checking out the Activision Games Blog, HERE!
- Ground War: You can now spawn on APCs even while they’re in combat, just as long as the vehicle isn’t low on health
- You can now inspect your weapon during infil sequences!
- Fix for a bug where players could see Tracker footprints on the ground after respawning, even when they don’t have the perk equipped
- Fix for an issue where the Riot Shield could appear sideways in the preview screen
- Also, fixed a bug where the Riot Shield could appear crooked in the squad walk
- Fixed a bug where using Flaming Throwing Knives would not reset Dead Silence
- Season 5 Week 1 challenge reads: “Call in the Personal UAV Killstreak 7 Times.” Should be written as Personal Radar
- The Week 1 challenge reads: “Play 3 matches with Wyatt and your Coalition Operator”. Using and instead of as
- Fix for an issue where the scoreboard could reflect inaccurate information when going from a multiplayer match to a Warzone match
- Fixed a bug where some users were unable to unblock players
- Fixed a bug where the ‘World Eater’ calling card appeared animated, although it should be a static image
- Fix for an issue where partially watching the killcam and then skipping it, can sometimes result in reduced respawn time
- Various fixes to help the Tomogunchi Turbo watch function as intended
- Fixed an issue where the Stopping Round Field Upgrade could become unlimited after using two of the same weapon
- Adjusted weapon stats graphs to better match rate of fire and post-launch weapon balancing
- Fix for a bug where tracers could lose their impact VFX when the ammunition is changed from the default 5.56 NATO ammunition on the M4
- Sniper – Thermal Scope: lowered optic resolution and reduced thermal range
- Adding ‘HEI’ (High Explosive Incendiary) label to cosmetic dismembering ammo types
- Fix for an issue where the gas mask could become invulnerable
- Fixed a bug where the yellow highlighting of your name in the Squad widget was missing from BR Buy Back
- Fix for a bug where the parachute could open randomly when jumping over certain areas of the map
- In BR Quads, the player’s minimap icon had both the downed icon and arrow when the player started the Most Wanted contract. This has been fixed
- Fixed a bug where the loot dropped from a squadmate who died in the gulag would be available for other squad members to pick up if they enter the same gulag
- Fixed a bug where players will observe no ping audio from a spectator creating world pings
- Various fixes for issues with Self Revive:
- Players may see no UI for Self Revive after buying it at a kiosk, then see the Self Revive ‘Use’ UI right before the player dies when downed but too late to be able to revive themselves
- Players may see no UI for Self Revive and when downed, they are able to use a Self Revive
- Players may be unable to buy a Self Revive at a kiosk stating “The player already has this item”, despite not having one in their inventory
CALL OF DUTY LEAGUE:
- Fixed a bug where barrels with integrated suppressors were still available
- Improved stability and performance
- Fixed an issue that caused screen resolution to be higher than native resolution at 100 render resolution when in fullscreen borderless mode
- Fixed an issue that could lock FOV to 60 after playing a game of Ground War
Source: Read Full Article