The first season of content is coming to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on Dec. 3, and almost all of it, from multiplayer maps to new modes, will be free and available on all platforms at the same time. In fact, Activision is calling Season One of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare “the biggest free content drop in Call of Duty history.”
At least six multiplayer maps will be released during Season One, including a handful of maps that first appeared in the original 2007 Modern Warfare. Those maps will be playable across traditional multiplayer, the new Gunfight mode, and Ground War.
Here’s what’s confirmed for Season One so far:
- Crash (Multiplayer Map): The iconic Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare map has returned with all the flanking routes and action-packed rooftop encounters you remember.
- Vacant (Multiplayer Map): An abandoned office, previously visited in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, leads to intense interior combat across the complex.
- Shipment (Multiplayer and Gunfight Map): The classic Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare map where fast and frenetic action reigns supreme.
- Port (Ground War Map): Battle across massive shipping crates, cranes, buildings and streets in this unique Ground War map experience.
- Cargo (Gunfight Map): An open-roof storage vessel for shipping containers, on docks of London.
- Atrium (Gunfight Map): The centerpiece of a Verdansk palace, still intact despite the conflict raging nearby.
Season One will also introduce two new traditional multiplayer modes: Reinforce, a hybrid of Domination and Search and Destroy game types, and Infected. Modern Warfare players will also get access to On Site Procurement (O.S.P.), a Gunfight mode where players “begin with just your fists, and gather equipment as the match progresses.”
Season One will also introduce at least four new Special Ops experiences. From Activision’s content roadmap:
- Bomb Squad (Special Ops Experience): Forces still loyal to Barkov have planted explosives around the city of Al-Raab. You’re here to defuse the situation.
- Grounded (Special Ops Experience): Enemies have seized Barkov’s former airbase. Engage and eliminate them.
- Pitch Black (Special Ops Experience): Infiltrate Barkov’s former estate and recover all required intel before an exfill in a Tactical Rover.
- Just Reward (Special Ops Experience): Your squad targets the head of an enemy financial operation, hacking his data centers, and gaining intel.
Activision also hinted at Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s new Battle Pass system, which will include a variety of free tiers of unlockable items, including new cosmetics and two new guns: the Ram-7 automatic bullpup assault rifle and the Holger-26 light machine gun. More information about the paid portion of the Battle Pass and 100 tiers of unlocks is promised on Dec. 3.
Source: Read Full Article