The leak was true. Ubisoft pulled back the curtain on a brand-new entry in the Ghost Recon series during today’s world premiere livestream. Titled Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, the new open-world shooter is coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC this fall, and it introduces some notable changes to the tactical shooter franchise.
Breakpoint is set in Auroa, a fictional Pacific archipelago reminiscent of New Zealand. Auroa is home to Skell Technology, a corporation specializing in AI drone tech. When communication with the company ceases, you’re sent to the archipelago to investigate. When you get there, however, you’ll find yourself not in the role of the hunter, but the hunted.
Throughout the game, you’ll encounter a paramilitary group known as the Wolves, who Ubisoft says are just as skilled on the battlefield as the Ghosts. Because of this, the game places a greater emphasis on stealth. You’ll be able to employ drones and hide the bodies of any enemies you kill. Similarly, you can avoid detection by crouching in foliage or covering yourself with mud. The game also features some survival elements; any injuries you sustain will need to be treated, and you’ll need to maintain your weapons.
Click To UnmuteGhost Recon: Breakpoint – The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
- Game Of Thrones Season 8 Episode 4 The Last of the Starks Breakdown!
- Apex Legends Headed To Mobile Devices – GS News Update
- Rage 2 – Official Launch Trailer
- Avengers: Endgame Beats Titanic In The Box Office – GS Universe News Update
- Fortnite Season 9 – Battle Pass Overview Trailer
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne – Gameplay Reveal Trailer
- Fortnite – Season 9 Week 1 Secret Battle Star Location Guide (Utopia Challenges)
- Mortal Kombat 11 (Almost) Strikes A Tricky Balance
- MediEvil – Story Gameplay Trailer
- Predator: Hunting Grounds – Reveal Trailer
- Final Fantasy VII: Remake – Official State Of Play Trailer
- Ghost Recon: Breakpoint Launches This Year – GS News Update
Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?
Sign up or Sign in now!
Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.This video has an invalid file format.00:00:00
Sorry, but you can’t access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video
By clicking ‘enter’, you agree to GameSpot's
The Wolves are led by Cole D. Walker, who is portrayed by actor Jon Bernthal. Wildlands players will recognize Walker as the Ghost who was introduced in that game’s recent Operation Oracle update, which Ubisoft says serves as a prelude to Breakpoint.
In contrast with Wildlands, the perks, abilities, and weapons you’ll be able to use in Breakpoint are determined by distinct character classes. Ubisoft says there will be four of these available at launch, with additional classes following in the months after release. The company also confirmed there will be solo, co-op, and PvP modes at launch, and your progress will carry over between them.
Ghost Recon: Breakpoint launches for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on October 4. Players who pre-order the title will get access to an upcoming beta test ahead of the game’s release. We had a chance to go hands-on with Ghost Recon: Breakpoint at a demo event and thought it was both promising and concerning.
Source: Read Full Article