A cinematic trailer for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla has debuted after its recent art and title reveal, but we didn’t see the game in action. That will be coming next week, with footage shown as part of a Microsoft event, Ubisoft has announced.
Microsoft teased an Inside Xbox presentation to take place Thursday, May 7 at 8 AM PT / 11 AM ET, which is centered around gameplay debuts on the upcoming Xbox Series X. The official Ubisoft Nordic account was quick to retweet it with a note that it will be part of the event with the first gameplay trailer for Valhalla.
While in an entirely new setting like most Assassin’s Creed games, Valhalla will continue the cliffhanger ending from Odyssey’s Fate of Atlantis DLC. That put the modern-day protagonist Layla in a precarious position, so resolving that story may be why Ubisoft says this will be a “good capper” for the franchise.
Like Odyssey, you’ll be able to choose between a male and female protagonist, but in this game it appears you’ll be playing as different versions of the same core character, a Viking raider named Eivor. In Odyssey you could choose between Alexios and Kassandra, but they were distinct brother and sister characters and which one you chose impacted the story.
For more details on Assassin’s Creed, check out our pre-order guide.
Assassin's Creed News & Announcements
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla Has Four Different Editions You Can Pre-Order Soon
- Watch The Assassin's Creed Valhalla Trailer Right Now
- First Assassin's Creed Valhalla Details: Screenshots, Story, Platforms, And More
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla Lets You Play As A Man Or A Woman
- Next Assassin's Creed Game Is Called Valhalla–Set In The Viking Age
Source: Read Full Article