Following a delay, Activision has released the much-anticipated Season 4 update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Infinity Ward also released the full patch notes, and there were many changes introduced to the two games with the update. Read on for a look at the notes and a rundown on what’s new and different.
Bug fixes also arrived June 13, including a fix for spawning outside of the Scrapyard map, as well as a fix for people unable to use content unlocked in the Battle Pass. It also fixed the frequency of in-game events in matches.
The file size for the patch has also been announced, and it is gigantic. However, once the update is installed, the game will only take up an additional 4 GB of space due to how it compresses the files. [Update: Some players found that the update is even bigger than expected on Xbox One, but it appears that was only due to a bug.]
Perhaps the biggest and most exciting part of the Season 4 update are the new multiplayer maps–Trench, Scrapyard, and Barakett Promenade. There’s also a new battle pass that spans both Modern Warfare and Warzone, and MW has new modes and missions to go along with the maps.
Additionally, some big changes have arrived in the Warzone mode. Infinity Ward has introduced in-match events, and these can occur at any point without notice.
The first of the modes is called Jailbreak, and it sets free everyone who was waiting in the Gulag and everyone who was still spectating. “You will get a one-minute notice before a Jailbreak event happens to find additional armor or secure a weapon for your returning teammates. Jailbreak events can occur any time during the middle game of a Battle Royale match, so it may be worth it to spectate, just in case. Be mindful that when a Jailbreak occurs, it’s not just your teammates that are coming back, but tons of additional enemies,” Infinity Ward said.
The second new in-match event is called Fire Sale. Like its name suggests, this discounts every item in the Buy Station by 80 percent, or gives them away completely free. The Fire Sales only run for 1 minute, so players will likely rush to the Buy Stations, creating a deadly showdown between squads.
Finally, the Supply Choppers event adds a “non-lethal but heavily armored” helicopter to the map. This helicopter has lots of health, so you need to shoot it with a rocket or a lot of weapon ammo to take it down. When the helicopter is destroyed, it will drop “high quality loot,” including three UAVS, two armor boxes and munitions boxes, a gas mask, a grenade launcher, and lots of Cash.
“Supply Choppers leave after a certain period of time, so if you want to take one out start firing right away. Remember, that after taking down a Supply Chopper, you have to collect the loot. Watch out for enemy teams who might try to take you out during the collection or steal your hard-earned rewards,” Infinity Ward said.
Check out the full Season 4 patch notes below.
Modern Warfare/Warzone Season 4 Patch Notes
- Fix for some players not receiving their Season 3 emblem
- Fixes to help reduce players encountering Error Code 13-71. If you still experience this after today’s update, please reach out to Activision Customer Support
- Fix for a bug where the Ghost Perk was not hiding players from the Heartbeat Sensor when viewing the Killcam
- Fixed an issue where some players were unable to activate a Nuke after getting the appropriate number of kills
- Fix for a bug where the 4th Operator Mission for Talon, “Complete 2 Warzone Plunder Matches” was not tracking as intended
- Fix for an issue where some players could find long wait times when attempting to load into Ground War matches
- Fix for a bug where neutral Hardpoints were appearing yellow instead of grey
- Various exploit fixes across multiple maps
- Fix for the Officer Challenge, “Get 20 kill while crouched” not tracking properly for some players
- Fixed a bug where the white health regen was triggering on downing other players even if Quick Fix wasn’t equipped
- Fix for an exploit where players could sometimes call in duplicate UAVs
- Added new weapon perks to the Specialist Bonus (the bonus earned after getting 8 kills while specialist is active): Frangible-Disabling, Frangible-Wounding, Mo’Money, Recon, Heavy Hitter, FMJ, Presence of Mind
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to perform executions when on some elevated surfaces
- Fixes to help prevent an issue where players were able to move before the match countdown timer completed
- Fixes to help prevent against black graphical corruption issues some players were seeing
- Fix for the “For the Cause” grip tape not appearing properly on the base M4
- Improved stability fixes for PC
- Fixes to help prevent issues with voice chat
- Lowered ammo count for reload warning on belt fed LMG
- Fixed bug with HDR and Sleight of Hand where reloading would not give ammo to the player
- Loot Update: New weapons and updated Blueprints! Be on the lookout for the Fennec, CR-56 Amax, Renetti, and more!
- Fixed a bug where the Recon Contract could spawn inside an Ammo Supply cache, making it unusable
- After completing the Contraband Mission and calling in the extract helicopter, players could shoot the helicopter without receiving hitmarkers and the helicopter would remain on screen indefinitely
- Fixed a bug where players were able to drop their weapon in the Gulag
- Fix for an exploit where players were able to duplicate Self Revive kits
- Fix for a bug where a player was stuck in 3rd person gameplay
- Daily Challenges are now displayed alongside Multiplayer and Warzone challenges
- Fixed an issue where unlocking an Operator skin in Co-Op would not unlock the base skin for that Operator as well
- Fixed a bug where the game would not end correctly if the last player alive used Team Revive immediately before dying
SPECIAL OPERATIONS: SURVIVAL
- Fix for being able to duplicate the Juggernaut Suit Munition minigun
- Fix for rare instances of waves not ending properly
- Fixed an exploit on St. Petrograd where players could fully hide from soldiers behind a bar
Contraband is a new, rare contract with a permanent Blueprint Reward. Contraband contracts have a chance to spawn after a previous contract is completed. If you see the Contraband briefcase, hurry up and collect it. Once you have it, take it to the designated Helicopter Extraction location to call in the helicopter. The player carrying the briefcase must deposit it into the helicopter drop-bag to complete the mission. If you kill a player carrying this briefcase you can steal it complete the contract for your team. Be on the lookout for them on your Tac Map!
- Barakett Promenade has been added to Ground War!
- Trench Mosh Pit (2v2)!
- Scrapyard 24/7!
- Blueprint Gunfight!
- Blood Money
- Warzone Rumble!
Warzone Rumble is a brand-new mode in Warzone. Two teams of 50 players parachute and battle it out in various areas around Verdansk. This mode is high action with custom loadouts, vehicles, and quick respawns.
Modified Special Operations:
- Just Reward – Veteran
- Just Reward – Regular
Weapon Mastery Challenges
Once you’ve unlocked Gold for a weapon, Mastery Challenges become available. There’s 8 Challenges per weapon, each granting their own rewards, with 4 Playercards and 4 Emblems up for grabs. You’ll need to make your way through 2 Kill Challenges, 2 Headshot Challenges, and 4 additional Challenges that must be done in order (Gold, Platinum, Damascus, Obsidian). Completing all challenges for 51 weapons unlocks a badass special Sticker and Playercard!
Source: Read Full Article