Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and the battle royale game Warzone have grown again, and in a big way, with the launch of the huge Season 5 update on August 5. Just make sure you have plenty of time to wait. As is the case with most Call of Duty updates, it’s a doozy.
[Update: Another update has now gone live for August 11, and you can check out the new CoD patch notes for the full rundown. It’s one of two new patches that Infinity Ward has confirmed are on the way in the near future. Meanwhile, the continued teases for a new Call of Duty announcement has players searching for Red Access keys to solve an ARG.)
The update has now gone live through a very large patch. The patch began its rollout on PS4, Xbox One, and PC at around 11 PM PT on August 4. While you wait for the download to install, you can check out the full patch notes below, as posted by Infinity Ward on its website.
The Season 5 update adds new multiplayer maps for Modern Warfare, a new Ground War map, and a new Mini Royale mode for Warzone. There is also a new Battle Pass and more Operators, while the Warzone mode is getting refreshed with new areas and a freight train.
For lots more on the Season 5 update, check out GameSpot’s breakdown of everything you need to know. You can also check out the image embedded above to learn more.
The update also introduced seemingly random teasers for an announcement, suspected to be dropping hints at the next Call of Duty game. Those coincided with mysterious packages sent out to various streamers and news outlets, including GameSpot. They were opened today, but that only led to more questions.
The Season 5 update comes at a strong time for Modern Warfare and Warzone. The battle royale game recently crossed 75 million players, while Modern Warfare is enjoying incredibly strong sales of the game and microtransactions, due in part to stay-at-home orders keeping people inside, playing games, and spending money on them.
Even with Modern Warfare and Warzone doing so well right now, Activision will release the next mainline Call of Duty game later this year. It is now confirmed to be a new title from Black Ops creator Treyarch. And while there are no official details on the game yet, it’s rumored to be Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War. Activision management said on an earnings call today that this new game from Treyarch will connect to Warzone in some capacity.
Modern Warfare/Warzone Season 5 Patch Notes
- Modern Warfare
- Ground War (Adding Verdansk International Airport)
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Search and Destroy Double Down (12v12)
- Face-Off (Livestock)
- Oil Rig and Harbor 24/7
- BR Duos
- BR Trios
- BR Quads
- BR Solos Buy Back (previously called BR Solos Stimulus)
- Blood Money Quads
- Mini Royale Trios (Fast-paced Battle Royale in condensed areas of Verdansk)
- Added Weapon Inspect!
- Fix for an issue where store bundle images could get stuck on the previous bundle image when scrolling on PC
- Fixes to prevent screen tearing
- Fix for an issue where Price and Gaz occasionally lose their eye models while navigating various menus
- Fixed a bug where, when the ‘Headshots Only’ option is set in a custom game, the male Operator hitboxes aren’t functioning properly
- Fix for an issue where the default scope on the Rytec AMR cannot be customized
- Fix for a bug where Care Packages, Juggernauts, and Emergency Airdrops were not getting properly refunded to the player if getting the ‘Too many vehicles, refunding killstreak’ message in a Custom Game
- Stopping Power rounds are now preserved on dropped weapons
- Added a brief decay period when transitioning from heavy footsteps (sprint, tactical sprint) to lighter footsteps (walk). This addresses players immediately becoming quiet upon slowing down from fast movements
- Fixed a bug where the player’s choice of weapon fire and scope states were not being saved and restored after interacting with the Sentry Gun, Shield Turret, and Care Package
- (We’ll have weapon tuning and other weapon adjustments in a future patch. Stay tuned for updates.)
- Fix for invisible collision appearing in Barakett Promenade
- Fix for a bug where the 23.0″ RPK Barrel was appearing broken in-game and in the Gunsmith menu
- Fix for an exploit where players were able to give themselves unlimited ammo
- Fix for an exploit using the Recon Drone and Care Package
- The PKM – Bludgeoner will now gather ammo from any other PKM weapon
- Fixed an issues where players were hearing the missed hit VO for the Precision Airstrike when right after calling it in
- Added a VO line when a player’s High Alert warning is triggered
- Fixed an issue where players could receive ‘wallbang’ kills when shooting through players
- New Warzone loot items!
- Gulag weapons will now rotate every week between four sets total
- Increased effective damage range for all semi-auto DMR and semi-auto Sniper Rifles
- Increased effective damage range for the FR 5.56
- Fix for a bug where the player’s physics could be controlled by the helicopter while they parachute out
- Fix for an issue where players were unable to call in any Air Strikes
- Fix for seeing invalid pings on the Heartbeat Sensor
- Added new VO lines to warn players of enemy Recon Drones being called in near them (BR only)
- Previously, the Most Wanted contract could respawn dead players. Now, it can respawn players in the Gulag in any state
- Fix for the ‘Alive in Gas’ challenge timer
- Fix for an exploit while inside the blue kiosks on Piccadilly
- New restricted attachments:
- Muzzle – Suppressors (all)
- Optic – Thermal Sights (all)
- Underbarrel – Merc Foregrip
CO-OP MODES (Tac Ops, Classic Special Operations, Survival):
- Team Ping is now enabled in these modes
- New Challenges: Playing it Bogart – Defeat enemies in style while supporting your teammates in these Co-Op Focused Challenges
SPECIAL OPERATIONS: SURVIVAL
- Added new map, Crash
- Fix for exploit involving the Equipment Store
- Improved stability
- VRAM usage is now displayed in 2 separate bars: one for Warzone and the other for multiplayer
- Added a keybind for Air Vehicles’ Horn in the Killstreak and Vehicles tab in the Options menu
Source: Read Full Article
CALL OF DUTY LEAGUE: