Activision is bringing back Call of Duty: Modern Warfare with a reboot, and a big part of capturing the spirit of the original will be refreshing its signature multiplayer. We got our first extended look at that aspect of the game today, as part of a multiplayer reveal livestream that is still ongoing.
Previously we’d only gotten a brief glimpse at the new 2-on-2 Gunfight mode, so this livestream brought more details on the wider PvP side of this year’s shooter. You can watch the stream below or read on for a recap of all the news and our hands-on impressions with Modern Warfare.
Activision promoted the livestream by teasing the return of killstreak rewards. That tease came with its share of controversy, however, as one of the killstreak rewards is use of the controversial chemical weapon white phosphorus. Other killstreak rewards include the juggernaut care package and an armored assault vehicle.
For more on Modern Warfare, check out how weapon customization will work, as well as the pricey Premium Edition with working night vision goggles.
We got to try out Modern Warfare’s multiplayer mode for ourselves, checking out its new map design, gun customization system, killstreaks, and a whole lot more.
- Modern Warfare Multiplayer: Rebuilding Call Of Duty From The Guns Up
A beta for Modern Warfare is coming, and everyone will be able to try it out–though some will get in sooner and in different ways than others.
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Beta Start Dates, How To Get In, And Early Access Details
Huge Player Counts
The first aspect of Modern Warfare’s multiplayer we saw was a new 2v2 mode, but the game is also going in the other direction as well, with support for matches that consist of more than 100 players.
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Multiplayer Can Support More Than 100 Players
Radar Doesn’t Work The Same Way
Sound design is a key element of Modern Warfare, and you’ll need to pay close attention to it to know where enemies are, as you’ll no longer have a map by default.
- Modern Warfare: You’ll Have To Earn Your Radar In Call Of Duty’s New Multiplayer
Certain multiplayer maps in Modern Warfare have both daytime and nighttime versions, and the latter really makes a significant difference in how matches play out.
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare’s Night Multiplayer Maps Are Its Coolest New Feature
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has a variety of new features, and among the ones that could end up having a major impact are doors. Yeah, doors.
- One Of Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare’s Big New Features Is… Doors
In lieu of Zombies, the co-op Spec Ops mode will be available in Modern Warfare.
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare — Here’s What We Know About Spec Ops Mode
A controversial aspect of Modern Warfare’s multiplayer was unveiled recently. Killstreaks are returning, and one will be the chemical weapon white phosphorous. We encountered it ourselves during the game; here’s what happens when it’s used.
- We Saw White Phosphorus In Action In Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare — Here’s What Happened
Modern Warfare will of course come to PC alongside consoles, and the computer version packs an array of version-exclusive features. It’s also going to be delivered through Blizzard’s Battle.net once again.
- New Details For Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare’s PC Version – Crossplay Beta, Battle.net, And Graphics Options
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare | Going Dark Multiplayer Gameplay
- How Modern Warfare Multiplayer Rebuilds The Franchise Formula
Source: Read Full Article