The first public beta for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War ran this past weekend on PS4, and now developer Treyarch has outlined some of the changes in the pipeline for the next beta. The second beta is a much bigger one, as it’s coming to Xbox One and PC as well, and there will be cross-platform multiplayer support.
Weekend 2 players can expect a series of changes, including the team deathmatch score limit rising from 75 to 100 “for better match pacing,” as well as a change to the Duster Stock attachment that will slow down sliding speed.
The cooldown on the Spy Plane scorestreak has been increased to lessen the experience of having too many of them in the sky at the same time from different players.
There have also been some general changes to improve the experience, such as join-in-progress now preventing players from joining a match when it’s too close to ending.
A series of bugs have been fixed as well. Different scopes like the Snappoint, Diamondback, and Hawksmoor could block the player’s view while aiming down sights, but this has been fixed. The update also fixes an issue that could prevent players’ names from being visible in the pre-match lobby. You can see the full patch notes below.
Weekend 2 will also feature new maps, weapons, modes, playlists, Scorestreaks, Perks, Wildcards, and equipment, and Treyach will provide a rundown of these new additions soon.
Weekend 2 kicks off on October 15, which is when all PS4 players can get in, as well as Xbox One and PC players who have preordered the game digitally. On October 17, the beta opens to everyone, regardless of preorder status, and it runs until October 19.
The Weekend 2 beta will end at 10 AM PT on Monday, October 19.
Black Ops Cold War Weekend 2 Patch Notes
- Adjusted tuning on the Duster Stock attachment to prevent faster sliding than intended.
- Increased the cooldown on the Spy Plane to help limit their numbers in the sky at one time.
- Increased TDM score limit from 75 to 100 for better match pacing.
- Updated the Assassin Perk description for clarity. (Updated Oct. 9)
- Slightly reduced damage output of the Milano 821 SMG. (Updated Oct. 9)
- Adjusted conditions for joining in progress to prevent players from joining matches that are about to end.
- Moved VIP Escort exclusively to the Featured playlist.
- Fixed an issue where a controller could become unresponsive when loading into a match.
- Fixed an issue with multiple Optics being misaligned in ADS and blocking the player’s view, including Snappoint, Diamondback, and Hawksmoor attachments.
- Fixed a bug where players would get “UI Error 66156” when selecting “Add Activision Friends” from the Recent Players menu.
- Fixed an issue where other players’ names were not visible in the pre-match lobby.
- Fixed crashes that could occur during the Best Play in a VIP Escort match.
- Fixed a crash that could occur while selecting Operators in the front-end menu.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a SAM Turret missile hit a target when the turret was destroyed.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur if a Gunboat was beached for too long.
Source: Read Full Article