New footage of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla premiered during the Xbox Series X event this week, but some fans were hoping to see more. Creative director Ashraf Ismail has now responded to the reaction, saying he understands people wanted to see more of the next-gen Assassin’s Creed title. More details on the game, including an “in-depth gameplay” demonstration will come later on, he said.
“You rightfully expected to see more today. We have a long marketing campaign ahead of us, you will see in-depth gameplay and get a lot more info about the game,” he said on Twitter. “Thank you for your excitement and passion! Be patient with us and be kind. It will be worth it!”
The Valhalla trailer shown during the Xbox event disappointed some fans because, despite being labeled as a “gameplay trailer,” it didn’t exactly deliver on that. Instead of featuring combat or exploration, the video put more of an emphasis on the locations you’ll visit when Valhalla launches this holiday.
You can play as a man or woman in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, but either way their name will be Eivor (pronounced Ay-vor). Like many Assassin’s Creed games, this one is based on real history, but the historians at Ubisoft had to do a little more digging to construct a narrative from the dark ages. At the same time, Ubisoft says it isn’t concerned with comparisons to God of War, despite the similarly Norse setting. For more on Valhalla, witness our pre-order guide.
Xbox Series X
- Xbox Exec Gives A Halo Infinite Update
- Inside Xbox Games Event: All The Games Showcased During The Presentation
- Xbox Series X's Inside Xbox Event Didn't Deliver On Its Promise
- How Xbox Series X Will Keep Game Install Sizes Down
- Madden NFL 21 Confirmed For Xbox Series X
- How Xbox Series X Makes Quick Resume Game Switching Possible
- Xbox Series X – Assassin's Creed Valhalla Debuts First Gameplay
- Xbox Series X Will Get An Otherworldly Puzzle Game At Launch
- All The Xbox Series X Games With Free "Smart Delivery" Upgrades
- Hunt Mutant Dinosaurs With Friends In This Xbox Series X Game
Source: Read Full Article