If you’re a subscriber to the Nintendo Switch’s online service, good news: Starting September 5, 20 Super Nintendo games will be available to play on Switch.
Nintendo announced Super Nintendo Entertainment – Nintendo Switch Online library during its the September 2019 Nintendo Direct presentation, listing off the first 20 SNES games that’ll be available on the system. The titles will be free if you’re already paying for Switch’s online service. The first batch of titles includes The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Yoshi’s Island, Mario Kart, and Breath of Fire. The service will also get Stunt Race FX, marking the first time the game has been available on a system other than SNES.
SNES NSO games will support local and online multiplayer, Nintendo said during the presentation, so you’ll be able to face off against friends in classic titles. It’ll also pack the Rewind feature from the SNES Classic, which lets you dial back a few seconds in games when things go wrong.
Apart from games, Nintendo also said it’s making an SNES controller available for the Switch for $30. It’s a special offer exclusive for NSO subscribers and will use the same cable as the Switch Pro controller for charging. Nintendo didn’t offer a release date, but said it’ll be dropping more info on the controller on its website in the future.
If you aren’t already a subscriber but are an Amazon Prime member, you can get Switch Online for free right now.
SNES NSO Games Coming to Switch On September 5
- BRAWL Brothers
- Demon’s Crest
- Breath of Fire
- Joe & Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics
- Kirby’s Dream Course
- Kirby’s Dreamland 3
- Star Fox
- Super E.D.F.: Earth Defense Force
- Super Mario Kart
- Super Mario World
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island
- Super Puyo Puyo 2
- Super Tennis
- Stunt Race FX
- Super Ghouls ‘n Ghosts
- Super Metroid
- Super Soccer
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Nintendo Direct September 2019 News
- Nintendo Direct News Recap For September 2019
- Biggest Nintendo Direct Announcements: SNES Games, Overwatch, And More
- Every Switch Game And DLC Surprise-Released During The Nintendo Direct
- Overwatch Coming To Nintendo Switch
- All 20 SNES Games Coming To Nintendo Switch Tomorrow
- Super Nintendo Games Coming To Switch September 5
- Nintendo Direct: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Adds Banjo-Kazooie To Roster Today
- New Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC Character Revealed, And More Are On The Way
- Nintendo Direct: Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag And Rogue Come To Switch
- Nintendo Direct: Divinity Original Sin 2 Is Out On Switch Right Now
Source: Read Full Article