Nintendo shared its financial earnings report for the end of its fiscal year 2020. Alongside the earnings, the company has updated its list of top 10 best-selling Switch games, revealing the latest sales figures for some of the system’s biggest first-party titles.
The sole new addition to the list is Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Despite launching just 11 days prior to the end of the fiscal year, the game skyrocketed to seventh place on Nintendo’s top 10 list, moving more than 11 million copies in that time frame. Since then, that number has risen to 13.41 million, eclipsing the lifetime sales of the series’ previous best-selling entry, New Leaf, in just six weeks.
The rest of the list remains unchanged from Nintendo’s last financials report, although all have hit new milestones. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe remains Switch’s best-selling first-party game at nearly 25 million copies sold, while Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is approaching 19 million. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey are effectively tied at 17.41 million each, and Splatoon 2 has now crossed the 10 million mark.
Nintendo Switch News & Announcements
- Nintendo Switch Is Sold Out Everywhere, Drastically Increasing Prices
- Here's Where You Can Get A Nintendo Switch Lite
- The Best Nintendo Switch Games Of All Time
- Best Nintendo Switch Games Under $20
Pokemon Sword and Shield, which previously had the fastest launch of any Switch games prior to Animal Crossing, also continue to sell well. The titles have moved a combined 17.37 copies, while the 2018 Pokemon games, Let’s Go Pikachu and Let’s Go Eevee, have sold nearly a combined 12 million. Rounding out Nintendo’s top 10 is Super Mario Party at 10.10 million and New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe at 6.60 million. You can see the full list below.
Elsewhere in the earnings report, Nintendo revealed that the Switch has now surpassed 55 million units. Over 21 million of these sales came in the last fiscal year alone. The console saw a significant boost the week Animal Crossing launched. Despite these strong sales, however, Nintendo is limiting its Switch forecast throughout the next financial year because of the unpredictable effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Nintendo Switch Best-Selling First-Party Games (As Of March 31, 2020)
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe — 24.77 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate — 18.84 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild — 17.41 million
- Super Mario Odyssey — 17.41 million
- Pokemon Sword / Shield — 17.37 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go Pikachu / Eevee — 11.97 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons — 11.77 million (13.41 million as of May 7)
- Splatoon 2 — 10.13 million
- Super Mario Party — 10.10 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe — 6.60 million
Source: Read Full Article