We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Wordle is back with another tough puzzle in time for the weekend. Wordle 406 is live for the next 24-hours only, which means you’d better hurry if you want to solve the puzzle and keep your winning streak alive. Fortunately, Express Online is here to help, courtesy of a selection of spoiler-free hints and clues for the latest Wordle teaser. Just head to the bottom of the page for your daily hints to help you solve the answer.
Wordle tasks players with figuring out a five letter word in just six attempts. Sounds simple, but it can be a lot harder than you think.
If you want to solve those Wordle puzzles, then you’ll need to pay close attention to the colour of the tiles after each guess.
If the letter tile turns grey, the letter does not appear in the word you are guessing. If the tile turns yellow, the letter you guessed is in the word, just not in the correct position. If the tile turns green, the letter is in the word and in the right place.
The app keeps track of your statistics, showing the number of correct answers you’ve managed, as well as your winning streak.
If you fail to solve the puzzle, then you’ll have to wait until the next day for a new Wordle to be released. You’ll also lose your precious winning streak.
Read on for some general Wordle tips, followed by three specific clues for Wordle 406 on July 30…
Wordle: Susie Dent discusses popular online word game
General Wordle tips and tricks…
• Don’t use the same letter twice in your opening guess.
• Try to use a couple of vowels in your first guess, particularly ‘A’ and ‘E’.
• Avoid letters such as ‘X’, ‘Z’ and ‘Q’ until later on, when you have a better idea what the answer is.
• ‘RAISE’ is a good word to start with, while ‘TOUCH’ is a decent second guess.
• Check out the daily hints provided by Express Online below…
Wordle 406 hints and clues for July 30…
1. Wordle 406 starts with the letter B.
2. Wordle 406 contains just one vowel.
3. Something you may do when playing poker.
Source: Read Full Article