When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
As promised, developers Raven Software have nerfed the Sykov Pistol in Call of Duty Warzone.
The new weapon was added before the start of Season 3, and perhaps this has proven to be a testing period.
When they first arrived, gamers quickly worked out that the Akimbo perk made the Sykov Pistols powerful, and when high-capacity rounds were added, they became Meta-wrecking beasts.
While not effective over long-range, they became the weapon of choice for close combat and quickly became the hottest items in Verdansk.
Changing the meta overnight is not always a popular choice, and Raven Software promised they would be dialling back the new guns.
And today has seen a new Warzone update that does just that – nerfing the Sykov Pistol attachments ahead of Season 3.
Starting a whole new season with just one weapon dominating the meta would have been a bad look for Warzone.
So today’s patch notes will make pleasant reading for those hoping to see the Akimbo combo removed from the top ranks.
Today’s Sykob Pistol nerf takes aim at the Akimbo setup by increasing hip spread when using certain attachments and a reduction in movement speed.
The 80-round drum mag has seen some changes which will affect aiming down sights, while using the combination of the Sorokin 140mm Auto and the 80 Round Drums will result in a damage reduction of 25%.
The full patch notes for the Sykov Pistol nerf is as follows:
Call of Duty Warzone: Activision release trailer for new game
Sorokin 140mm Auto (Sykov)
- Hip spread increased
- Movement speed reduced by 5%
80 Round Drums (Sykov)
- Movement speed reduced by 5%
- ADS movement speed reduced by 7%
When equipping the Sykov with the Sorokin 140mm Auto and the 80 Round Drums, damage is reduced by 25%.
And for those wondering about the damage reduction from using attachments, Raven Software confirmed today:
“To clarify, the 25% damage reduction to the Sykov applies when the Sorokin 140mm Auto and the 80 Round Drums are paired.
“There is no damage reduction when using these attachments independently.”
Today’s Warzone update is between 2GB and 6GB to install depending on your platform of choice and must be downloaded if you want to play Season 3.
Cold War Season 3 is expected to start on April 21, and is set to include a revamped Verdansk map, as well as a new Battle Pass and Operator Bundles.
There will also be new content for Black Ops Cold War, including new maps, modes and Zombies levels to conquer.
Further details on what other stuff was changed as part of today’s Warzone update can be found below:
WARZONE PATCH NOTES
- The RC-XD has been removed from Buy Stations and is now only available via Containment Monitors.
- Fixed an issue causing players to be unable to equip Armor Plates after activating certain Killstreaks or Field Upgrades.
- The Containment Protocol missiles will no longer land in the Play Area.
- The Containment Protocol missiles have had their sound effects volume reduced.
- Fixed a bug causing Loadout Drops to block movement and projectiles after the crate collapses.
- King Slayer Trios – The Gas Circle will no longer move completely outside of the Play Area.
- The Swatt Master Blueprint now correctly displays the Electric Dismemberment icon.
- Fixed a bug with the Modern Warfare Sniper Scope and Variable Zoom Scope where they were not displaying glint.
- Fixed a bug with Modern Warfare weapon perks where they were not having their intended effects.
- Fixed a bug with the Bullseye Reticle where it would sometimes cause frame rate issues or the disappearance of UI elements.
Source: Read Full Article