TwitchCon may have been cancelled for 2020, but Twitch is announcing a brand-new event that promises to be just as spectacular. Dubbed, GlitchCon, the event will feature more than 400 Twitch creators as they host, judge, and compete in various competitions during the 12-hour broadcast.
The two main hosts of the day are Twitch Partners JD Witherspoon and Mari Takahashi. Over the course of the stream you’ll get to watch gaming tournaments, game launches, and a talent show to end the night. There’s also a $40,000 prize involved – and “there might even be some unexpected surprises.”
GlitchCon will start with Twitch CEO Emmett Shear making an announcement before diving right into the good stuff. Here’s a bit of what you can expect to see (full schedule is available here):
- GlitchCon Showdown: 16 of the best Twitch creators will play for a share of a $500k prize pool while competing in Fortnite, League of Legends, Valorant, and Fall Guys.
- Cosplay Contest: A panel of experts will decide which of the contestants has the best costume across various categories including Needlework, Armor, FX, and Larger Than Life.
- Guess The Gamer: Twitch Partners will be thrown into random matches with a masked celebrity, while panelists ask them questions to try and figure out who they are.
- Let’s Make A Game: An interactive game design session where the audience collaborates to build a video game in real-time. It will be play-tested on stream, then available for download after the event.
- GlitchCon Afterparty: Hosted by T-Pain, music from multiple artists will be streamed to close out the event.
Although TwitchCon isn’t happening this year, GlitchCon seems like an excellent consolation prize. With over 12 hours of content and hundreds of content creators participating, there’s bound to be something available to keep you busy on a cold Saturday afternoon.
GlitchCon begins at 9am PST on November 14. For more info, head over to GlitchCon.tv.
Source: Read Full Article