Update: The Witcher 3 for Switch has now been updated to version 3.6 in the west, with full patch notes from CD Projekt Red. In addition to the PC save functionality, you can also use touch controls for the HUD and menu controls, and for playing Gwent. The full patch notes are below. Original story follows.
If you already have the PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt but want to play it on Nintendo Switch without losing progress, a new update could be the answer. A patch released in South Korea appears to have added cross-save with Steam alongside other graphical features, though there is no indication of when it will release elsewhere.
GameSpot has reached out to CD Projekt Red for clarification.
Images of the Korean version of The Witcher 3 have been shared on gaming forum ResetEra, showing an option to connect a Steam account to the Switch game. After doing this, cloud saves are enabled and you should be able to jump back and forth between PC and Switch. It isn’t the first game to do this, with Divinity: Original Sin 2 including a similar system.
Along with the cross-save support, the patch added new visual options in the menu, including image sharpening. Improved water quality and “foliage visibility range” should also help to make the world a little more immersive. The Switch is certainly less capable than PC, Xbox One, or PS4, so having the extra boost should make the game look a little better on the hybrid system.
The Witcher 3 has seen a huge popularity spike since the Netflix show released in 2019, with December seeing physical sales rising by more than 554 percent compared to the previous year. Many of these came from the Switch version, which launched shortly before the show began. In GameSpot’s The Witcher 3 Switch review, Jacob Dekker thought it remained excellent despite the lower image quality.
The Witcher 3 Switch 3.6 Update
- Added touch control support.
- Added save file integration with GOG, Steam and versions of the game for Switch from different regions.
- Added more text languages (in selected regions).
- Added more graphical options.
- Added multiple performance optimizations.
- Fixed various visual and functional bugs.
- Various gameplay and crash fixes.
While transferring saves from PC, please keep in mind:
- Mod-related bugs and blockers might get transferred from a modded PC game save file.
- If the save file name has been changed on PC, the Switch’s Cloud Save feature won’t be able to recognize it.
Source: Read Full Article