It’s been a rollercoaster ride for some Red Dead Redemption 2 gamers this month, following a spate of buggy patches and new content releases.
This week has seen the development team roll back one of its latest patches and have also committed to launching a series of new RDR2 updates until things are back to normal.
This rollback was first applied to PS4 and Xbox One, and has now been extended to PC players, with Rockstar confirming in a new statement:
“An update to Red Dead Online intended to provide security improvements and address connection errors unintentionally introduced a range of issues including connection problems, low animal spawn counts, difficulty pitching Camps, entering Moonshine shacks as well as others on PS4 and Xbox One.
“We have reverted back to the previous version on those platforms, initially launched on July 28.
“This should address these recent issues and restore stability – meanwhile we will continue to work to eliminate any remaining issues through future updates.”
And following a week of frustration for many Red Dead Online fans, some positives changes have also been revealed.
Rockstar Games has revealed that two Legendary Animals, the Legendary Red Streak and Midnight Paw Coyotes, have joined the growing animal kingdom of Red Dead Online.
This is alongside a bevy of bonuses for aspiring Naturalists, Bounty Hunters and Traders to earn, plus a range gifts-from Ammo to Tonics and more-simply for logging in.
Highlight from this week’s Red Dead Online rewards update are as follows:
- The latest Legendary Animals: the Red Streak Coyote, found around the cliffs and barren floor of Pike’s Basin, and the Midnight Paw Coyote, seen around the lands southeast of Strawberry
- Recently added items and rewards at Gus’ Store: The Red Streak and Midnight Paw Coats, crafted from their namesake Legendary Coyotes, a free Coat Reward for turning in either Coyote’s pelt to Gus, which will also unlock the Babin Hat at his store
- The latest permanent clothing: The Daventry Jacket, Blackgrave Coat, Hinxman Hat, Filera Hat, Penstock Pants, Corrales Shirt, and the Molina Blouse
- A reward for a free Horse ranked 40 or below for players who track and hunt down all Legendary Animals available in Harriet’s Sighting Missions
- A 50% bonus on RDO$ payouts for both Bounty Hunters and Traders, plus a 5 Gold Bar discount on the Butcher Table and the Bounty Hunter License
- A 30% discount on all Bounty Hunter and Trader Outfits, Horses, Weapon Skins, the Bounty Wagon and Hunting Wagons, and all Rifles (except the Elephant Rifle)
- One-time gifts for players who log into Red Dead Online before September 21st, including: 30% off any Novice or Promising Naturalist Role Item, free Sedative Varmint Cartridges, a free Legendary Animal Pheromone, 30% off a Revolver, and a free Ability Card
- Bonuses for new Naturalists: A Reward for a free Role Accessory, Outfit or Emote, the Gila Monster Camp Flag for tranquilizing and sampling any animal, the Farnholme Double Bandolier for completing an Animal Sighting Mission, and a Treasure Map with the purchase of a Wilderness Camp
- Ongoing Prime Gaming Benefits: A Free Katata Coat, 5 Free Legendary Animal Pheromones, 6,000 Naturalist XP, a free Wilderness Camp, offers for: 50% off a Camp Dog, a free Tent and a Vest below Rank 15, plus 10x Special Health Cures, 10x Special Snake Oil, 10x Special Miracle Tonic, and 10x Special Bitters.
BENEFITS, OFFERS & REWARDS
Players who track and hunt down all of the Legendary Animals requested so far in Harriet’s Sighting Missions will receive a reward for a free Horse ranked 40 or below.
Bounty Hunters and Traders also stand to make a pretty penny this week, thanks to a 50% bonus on RDO$ payouts. Meanwhile, those looking to pick up either of these pursuits can take 5 Gold Bars off the cost of both the Butcher Table and the Bounty Hunter License, as well as 30% off all Bounty Hunter and Trader Outfits, Horses, Weapon Skins, the Bounty Wagon and Hunting Wagons, and all Rifles (except the Elephant Rifle).
If you haven’t jumped into Red Dead Online yet, play before September 21st to receive the following one-time gifts, and be sure to check the Benefits section frequently for new Offers and Rewards:
- Offer for 30% off any Novice or Promising Naturalist Role Item
- Reward for 2,000 Naturalist XP
- Reward for Free Sedative Varmint Cartridges
- Reward for a Free Legendary Animal Pheromone
- Offer for 30% off a Revolver
- Reward for a Free Ability Card
Becoming a Naturalist and studying wild fauna in their home environment is a reward unto itself, but there are plenty of other perks, including the following one-time gifts:
- Become a Naturalist and get Reward for a free Role Accessory, Outfit or Emote
- Tranquilize and sample any animal and get the Gila Monster Camp Flag
- Complete an Animal Sighting Mission and get a Reward for the Farnholme Double Bandolier
- Purchase a Wilderness Camp and get a Reward for a Treasure Map
- Visit the Social Club Events page for a rundown of all the latest special bonuses, and you can also view current active Offers and Rewards at any time via the in-game Benefits menu or at the Offers and Rewards section of the online Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue.
Red Dead Online players who connect their Rockstar Games Social Club account to Prime Gaming will receive Rewards for:
- 5 Free Legendary Animal Pheromones
- 6,000 Naturalist XP
- A free Wilderness Camp
- A free Katata Coat crafted from the Legendary Elk hide
- In addition, players connected to Prime Gaming will receive Offers for 50% off a Camp Dog, 50% off a Tent, and 50% off a Vest below Rank 15 – as well as 10x each of Special Health Cures, Special Snake Oil, Special Miracle Tonic and Special Bitters at their Camp Lockbox or any Post Office.
Source: Read Full Article