Team GO Rocket is not short on strong leaders to challenge in Pokémon GO, and Sierra is no exception. She has a tricky lineup that can make your first few attempts at her seem hopeless, but a little research can easily turn the tides of battle in your favor. Check out this guide so you can train up your team of Pokémon and add another victory to your record.
How To Counter And Beat Sierra In Pokémon GO
As with the other Team Go Rocket leaders, Sierra will be a three round fight. You can determine which Pokémon she sends out first depending on how you challenge her, but the second two will be a one out of three chance. While we will give you counters to all options, if you happen to not be prepared for one possibility you can always rework your team and challenge her again.
Sierra’s Pokémon Lineup And Counters
Sierra’s first Pokémon will either be a Lapras if you challenge her via a Balloon encounter, or Beldum through a Pokestop.
- Beldum will only have two normal moves, and is naturally weak to Dark, Fire, Ghost, and Ground moves.
- Lapras will stick to Water and Ice moves, plus Skull Bash as a normal type charge. A few of its moves deal less damage to Dragon types, others to Steel, but itself is weak to Electric and Grass Types
- The best counter to Beldum would be a Fire or Dark type like Blaziken with Fire Spin and Blaze Kick, or a Darkrai with Snarl and Dark Pulse. For Lapras, focus on exploiting its weakness with either a strong grass type like Roserade, or Electric type such as Zapdos.
Second Round Counters
Sierra’s second round Pokémon can be either an Exeggutor, Sharpedo, or second Lapras.
- The Exeggutor has a mix of Psychic and Grass moves for both quick and charge attacks. It is double weak to Bug types, and normally weak to Dark, Fire, Flying, Ghost, Ice, and Poison.
- Sharpedo will have Dark and Water quick moves, and either a Dark, Water, or Poison charge attack. It is weak to Bug, Electric, Fairy, Fighting, and Grass.
- The second Lapras appears to be identical to the first.
- To counter Exeggutor, you’ll want to hit that double Bug weakness hard with a Volcarona with Bug Bute and Bug Buzz or a Scizor with Fury Cutter and X-Scissor. They could also do well against the Sharpedo, but Lucario and Machamp are better choices if you know this one is coming out.
Third Round Counters
For her final Pokémon, Sierra will call out either her Shiftry, Houndoom, or Alakazam.
- Shiftry is packing Grass and Dark fast attacks, and either Grass, Dark, or Flying charge moves. He has a lot of weaknesses to pick from, but Bug and Flying are two good ones to stick with.
- Houndoom is all about Dark and Fire moves, making it easy to predict and counter. Weaknesses include Water, Fightin, Rock, and Ground.
- Finally, Alakazam only has Psychic quick attacks, but a ton of possible charge moves. Your best bet at finishing off this tough psychic is to bring out a strong Dark type.
- Shiftry shouldn’t be much of an issue compared to the other two if you have a Ho-oh or Yanmega waiting in the wings. Houndoom can also fall to your Machamp if you picked him earlier, or bring out a Water type like Poliwrath. Finally Alakazam will need a monster of a Dark type to be safe, such as your Darkrai or Hydreigon.
Once you and your team emerge victorious, you will be showered with rewards. Not only will you get 1,000 Stardust and two random items from this pool:
- Max Revive
- Max Potion
- Unova Stone
- Sinnoh Stone
You also have a chance at catching Sierra’s Shadow Sneasel Pokémon, which also has a chance to be a shiny. You’re given at least five Premier Balls to catch it with, so good luck!
Source: Read Full Article