Pokémon Go fans – get ready to welcome the Year of the Rat in with a ton of new bonuses and treats, as Niantic readies itself to celebrate the Lunar New Year in style!
To celebrate all things red – a lucky colour associated with the Chinese New Year – Niantic is introducing a series of bonuses to the game so that you can ring in the New Year in style.
During the recently-announced event, a variety of species of red Pokémon will be spawning more frequently, modifying spawn pools for locations all around the globe.
We've collected all the information you need to know about these incoming bonuses below, as well as listing all key times (start dates, end dates and so forth) all in one place.
Latest Games News
Pokémon GO Lunar New Year Event – Start Time
Niantic will welcome in the Year of the Rat via Pokémon GO Lunar New Year Event which kicks off Friday, January 24, 2020, at 9:00pm (UK time)
The event is set to last 10 days, wrapping up on Monday, February 3, 2020, at 9:00pm (UK time)
Additionally, there will be a Minccino Limited Research day during the event: this will be available Sunday, February 2, 2020, from 2:00pm to 5:00pm in your local time zone.
Pokémon GO Lunar New Year Event – Features
There are a lot of bonuses to look forward to during this event
For a start, several species of red Pokemon will see a significant boost in their spawn rate.
Niantic has confirmed we'll see more of the following Pokemon: Charmeleon, Vulpix, Parasect, Voltorb, Jynx, Magmar, Magikarp, Flareon, Slugma, Wurmple, Corphish, Kricketot, and Foongus.
Shiny red Gyarados spawn rates will also be increased.
Darumaka, the Zen Pokémon will hatch from 7 KM Eggs (with Shuckle and Foongus also added to the 7 KM Eggs pool for the duration of the event).
Niantic has also outlined a series of bonuses that will be live for the duration of the event, too:
- Gifts will have a chance of rewarding you with Rare Candies, so be sure to send and open lots of Gifts with your friends.
- Be sure to trade more often with your friends—the likelihood of becoming Lucky Friends will be increased.
- When you trade a Pokémon, there will be an increased chance it will become a Lucky Pokémon.
TL;DR? Interact with you friends as much as possible.
Follow Daily Star Gaming on social media
Follow Daily Star Gaming on Twitter, click here
Follow Daily Star Gaming on Facebook, click here
Pokémon GO Lunar New Year Event – Minccino Limited Research
In celebration of the Year of the Rat, Minccino, the Chinchilla Pokémon, will be appearing in Pokémon GO for a special Limited Research event, for some reason.
I guess Niantic didn't want to overload us with Raticates and Rattata again?
Either way, Niantic tells us that "Professor Willow has also uncovered that Minccino can evolve into Cinccino through use of a Unova Stone!"
On Sunday, February 2 , between 2pm and 5pm in your local time zone, you can enjoy the following features:
- Field Research: Minccino Limited Research tasks will allow you to encounter Minccino.
- Pokémon that fit the theme of the Year of the Rat will be appearing more frequently in the wild. Look out for Rattata, Raticate, Pikachu, Sandshrew, Nidoran♀, Nidoran♂, Sentret, Marill, Zigzagoon, Plusle, Minun, Bidoof, and Patrat.
- Minccino in 5 km Eggs: Minccino will be hatching more frequently from 5 km Eggs. After the event ends, Minccino will continue to be available in 5 km Eggs.
- Shiny Minccino will be available! If you’re lucky, you might encounter one!
We'll update you as any more information becomes available.
Source: Read Full Article