Pokemon GO’s Sustainability Week event is finally here, bringing new Pokemon and new shiny forms into the wild for trainers to catch. If enough players get outside and help their communities, there are even some special bonus rewards!
The event runs from Tuesday, April 20 at 10 a.m. local time to Sunday, April 25 at 8 p.m. local time. Here’s everything you need to know about Sustainability Week in Pokemon GO.
Niantic Sustainability Campaign
With this event, Niantic is encouraging players to get outdoors and do something positive to help support the sustainability of our planet. There are some activities that you can do to help earn in-game rewards in Pokemon GO.
Which Activities Earn Rewards?
There are three activities that you can try to earn in-game rewards. These are:
- Take Care Of Your Community: Pick up trash or plant a tree in your local area to promote Sustainability Week
- Adopt A New Sustainability Practice: Fix something instead of throwing it away, or walk to the shop instead of driving.
- Help Out A Local Cause Focused On Sustainability: Research local organizations that are working to protect your local environment to see how you can help and take action.
If you do any of these activities, make sure to post a picture and description of what you did on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram between 6 p.m. UTC on April 20 and midnight UTC on April 23 with the hashtag #SustainableWithNiantic and tag @NianticLabs.
This will make sure that your action is recorded and counts towards earning rewards.
What Are The Sustainability Week Rewards
If enough people participate in the above activities, Niantic will unlock the following rewards in Pokemon GO.
- Tier 1 (2,500 posts): Five-star raids will appear more often.
- Tier 2 (5,000 posts): Players can claim a free bundle in the shop, containing three Remote Raid Passes.
- Tier 3 (10,000 posts): Double Catch XP Bonus
If they are activated, the rewards will be active on April 25th 2021, from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. local time. These stack, so if 10,000 activities are posted, all three reward tiers will be active.
Are Any New Pokemon Available During Sustainability Week?
There are two new Pokemon being introduced during Sustainability Week. Binacle and Barbaracle will both be available throughout the week.
Binacle will be available in the wild and as a Field Research reward for the quest “Use 3 Golden Razz Berries to help catch Pokemon.” Players can also fight Binacle in new one-star raids.
Get 50 Binacle Candies to evolve it to a Barbaracle.
Are Any New Shiny Forms Available During Sustainability Week?
There are also two new shiny forms available during Sustainability Week. Everyone’s favorite trash Pokemon, Trubbish and Garbodor, will be available in their shiny variants throughout the week. Catch shiny Trubbish in the wild and evolve it to get the shiny Garbodor.
Which Pokemon are Boosted in the Wild During Sustainability Week?
The Pokemon spawning in the wild are changing this week, with the following Pokemon appearing more often:
Which Pokemon are in Eggs During Sustainability Week?
The following Pokemon will be available in 5 km eggs throughout Sustainability Week:
Which Pokemon are in RaidsDuring Sustainability Week?
Players will be able to fight the following Pokemon together in raids during the Sustainability Week event:
- Tier 1: Alolan Diglett, Psyduck, Trubbish, Ferroseed, and Binacle
- Tier 3: Vileplume, Alolan Exeggutor, Rhydon, Camerupt, and Torterra
- Tier 5: Therian Landorus
- Mega Raids: Mega Venusaur, Mega Lopunny, Mega Abomasnow
Field Research Tasks
There are new Sustainability-themed Field Research Tasks that players can complete. Here are the ones we have seen so far and their rewards:
- Catch 5 Trubbish: Cottonee encounter
- Catch 5 Grimer: Ducklett encounter or Spheal encounter
- Use 5 Berries to help catch Pokemon: Chespin encounter
- Use an Incense: Sewaddle encounter
- Use 3 Golden Razz Berries to help catch Pokemon: Binacle encounter
Next: How To Farm More XL Candy In Pokemon Go
- Pokemon Go
Source: Read Full Article