When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.You can unsubscribe at any time.
Overwatch has been given a big new update this week, and it’s especially good news for Xbox Series X fans.
As part of the new update, the team-based first-person shooter has been optimised for Xbox Series X.
Fans can now select from various different graphics and performance options for the next-gen console.
The Resolution mode lets fans play in 4K at 60 frames-per-second on Xbox Series X, and at 1440p and 60 frames-per-second on Series S.
Framerate, meanwhile, takes things up to 120 frames-per-second, with a reduction in the resolution.
There’s no word on whether the same update will be available for PS5, although it seems like a pretty safe bet.
Elsewhere, Overwatch fans can unlock a brand new Epic skin for Hogwild by completing the limited time PachiMarchi challenge.
Running from now until March 22, the PachiMarchi challenge lets fans unlock a new player icon by winning three games, as well as a Junkrat emote by winning six games.
Finally, you can unlock the Epic Roadhog Pachimari skin by winning a total of nine games in March. As an added bonus, you’ll receive six new sprays simply by logging in.
• PachiMarchi is here! Now through March 22, win games to earn Pachimari-themed rewards, including the new Pachimari Roadhog skin.
• [PC-Only] Added “Damage FX” options to the advanced Video options menu that will reduce the amount of impact effects seen during gameplay and replays
• Added a “Custom Spectator Options” menu for live spectating that opens when you press the “View Spectator Options Menu” button as a spectator
• Spectator camera bookmarks in live spectating and replay viewing now also save the current “Camera Field of View” (FOV)
• Added “Custom Game Invite Filter” and “Custom Game Invite Requests” settings to the Social options menu to allow players to change and save who they can receive custom game invites from
• Updated how off-screen important elements (e.g. an exploding D.Va Mech) are displayed on the screen to make them easier to find
• Optimized for Xbox Series X|S Enhancements
• Added “Preferred Mode” graphics option which allows switching between three different presets: “Resolution”, “Balanced”, “Framerate”. These modes adjust video settings to bias towards image quality, resolution, and framerate.
• “Resolution” : This mode prefers higher-resolution output at the cost of some image-quality (Series X: 4K @ 60Hz, Series S: 1440p @ 60Hz)
• “Balanced” : This mode prefers image-quality at the cost of resolution (Series X: 1440p @ 60Hz, Series S: 1080p @ 60Hz)
• “Framerate” : This mode prefers higher frame-rate at 120 frames-per-second at the cost of both image-quality and resolution (Series X: 1440p @ 120Hz, Series S: 1080p @ 120Hz)
• NOTE: Not you must have a TV that supports 120Hz or VRR (Variable-Refresh-Rate) to fully take advantage of the “Framerate” mode
• Added Workshop Extensions
• Spawn Points now returns an array of entities rather than position vectors.
• Optimized effect position evaluation
• Spawn Points now returns an array of spawn point entities that have a position and facing direction. If you were already using this Value in places that expected a position, it will work as before. If you want explicitly grab the position and facing direction data, you can use the Position Of and Facing Direction Of Values respectively.
• Fixed a bug that caused specific abilities to persist on targets after a player swaps off the hero that used them
• Fixed a bug that prevented players from using the escape menu to leave a custom game under certain circumstances
• Fixed a bug that would cause heroes to become stuck against some buildings in midair
• Fixed a bug with the Bounty Hunter game mode that caused Sombra to be detected when invisible if the Bounty Target buff expires
• Fixed a bug that caused player ragdoll models to fall through the terrain when skipping kill cam playback
• Fixed a bug that caused heroes knocked back by Doomfist’s Rocket Punch to not always break railings
• Fixed a bug when calculating the “Weapon Accuracy – Best” stat
Source: Read Full Article