We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
New World update 1.01 is available to download on PC and Steam.
The Amazon MMORPG has proven incredibly popular since launch, peaking with close to 1 million concurrent players on PC gaming platform Steam.
One thing that fans have been crying out for, however, is the ability to transfer characters to different servers.
Fortunately, New World is one step closer to implementing the feature, laying the foundation for character server transfers in update 1.01.
The latest New World update also fixes an annoying issue with the game’s queuing system.
According to the patch notes, the game now contains a confirmation screen for when a player attempts to leave the queue. This will eliminate any accidents during the queuing process.
Elsewhere, New World update 1.01 fixes a whole host of bugs and glitches, specifically with quests and AI.
Sadly, the only drawback to update 1.01 is that it launches alongside a period of extended server downtime.
The New World maintenance period is scheduled to run for four hours, which means the game should be back online by 3pm BST.
You can see the full list of New World update 1.01 patch notes below…
New World update 1.01 patch notes…
• We’ve implemented the groundwork for the character server transfer, and you may see elements of that work in the in-game store.
• Changed turret projectiles in War from physical projectiles to use hitscan detection. This should help performance in War, with fewer objects being spawned in the world.
• In an effort to ensure players can’t stay AFK, especially in higher population servers, we’ve made the following adjustments to the AFK prevention system.
• Added additional AFK prevention to ensure players cannot fool the existing system with simulated mouse movement.
• Shortened the AFK warning message from 20mins to 15mins.
• Shortened the AFK disconnect from 25mins to 20mins.
• We added a confirmation screen when a player attempts to leave the queue for a world, asking the player to confirm if they’re intending to leave the queue.
– This should help ensure nobody accidentally leaves the queue and misses out on their spot in line.
• Fixed a rare issue causing the interact key to not properly function on various objects in the world.
• Fixed an issue causing the barrel to not appear in “Pirate Stance” emote.
• Fixed an issue where players did not receive coin as a reward from some activities.
• Fixed a bug where interrupting the fast travel animation may cause the player’s character to become stuck inside of a house.
• Fixed an issue in Territory Standing rewards where some localized text was missing.
• Fixed an issue where players are asked to claim achievement titles multiple times after logging back into the game, despite already having claimed the rewards.
• Fixed an issue causing leg animations to freeze.
• Fixed game crashes related to the New World Twitch integrations.
• Fixed a rare issue where players could enter state where they could not be hit by most attacks.
• Fixed an issue where certain item containers could be looted infinitely.
• Fixed an issue where the abandoning event notification could sometimes persist after the player abandoned the event.
• Fixed an issue causing Pastor Walsh to spawn aggressively at the Walsham point of interest (POI).
• Fixed an issue causing enemies to spawn slower than intended in the Bullrush Wash POI.
• Fixed an issue causing Overseer Zane to respawn slower than intended in the “Something to Prove” quest.
• Fixed an issue where Master Zindt could have duplicated respawns at the Kannan Tomb POI.
• Added missing journal information about the recommended quest level for players attempting to unlock the second faction rank.
• Fixed an issue where resetting the “Blessings of Earth” quest when you have gained any of the blessings will block progression in the Main Story Quest (MSQ).
• Fixed an issue where the “Azoth Fulminate” quest will be unavailable to players if they first complete other Windsward quests.
• Fixed an issue where completing the “Goodwill Squashing” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Arruda Jam” quest.
• Fixed an issue where the barkeep conversation state in First Light can enter a state where quests cannot be obtained from the barkeep.
• Fixed an issue where completing the “Taste for Revenge” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Predator, Prey” and “Great Expectations” quests.
• Fixed an issue where completing the “Curse of Ebony Hawk” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Bond’s Gambit” quest.
• Fixed an issue where completing “The Expedition into Saircor” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “One Threat at a Time” quest.
• Fixed an issue where completing the “Strength of the Earth” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Fading Lights” and “Azure Tears” quests.
• Fixed an issue where completing the “Twisted Metamorphosis” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Blessings of the Fallen” quest.
• Fixed an issue where completing the “Facets of Light and Darkness” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Descent to Frosted Slumber” and “Transmuting Iron to Dust” quests.
Source: Read Full Article