- Soulfist Class Overview
- Best Soulfist Engravings
- Best Soulfist Skills
Welcome to Soulfist, an advanced class underneath the Martial Artist tree in Lost Ark. It's a highly mobile class that specializes in both melee and ranged attacks through the use of a glowing, powerful medallion.
The Soulfist is a very strong PvP carry and is more than capable of solo carrying a team in arenas. However, it takes some commitment to refine your playstyle, as it has a pretty high skill ceiling with potentially massive damage output. Soulfist also provides a lot of heavy-hitting damage in PvE endgame raids. This class overview tells you everything you need to know about picking Soulfist as your main.
Soulfist Class Overview
Want to deal massive damage and carry your team to victory in PvP arenas? Soulfist is one of the best in the game for just this type of playstyle, but she's difficult to master. You will need full commitment to the Soulfist to get the most out of the class.
The Soulfist has powerful burst damage and combos but a serious lack of survivability. You will need to make the most of her mobility to survive incoming enemy damage.
In terms of PvE, the Soulfist relies heavily on the Awakening skills to deal damage. However, if you miss with this skill (which, by the way, is easier than you think), you're going to be waiting around doing tickle-level numbers of damage until your cooldown is refreshed.
The Soulfit's identity gauge is called Energy, or Ki if you're using the KR/Russian translations. You fill it up by hitting abilities and then activate three separate stages, buffing attack damage and speed. These stages are known as 'Hype Modes', although this also goes by different names depending on your server. Energy is expended at an okay pace, but the best Soulfist players rotate their energy consumption by activating their identity gauge. It takes a bit of getting used to.
- Soulfist is one of the most reliably meta PvP classes in the game and has been largely unchanged since launch
- High damage, lots of cool abilities that feel strong (even if you do little damage when off your cooldowns)
- Can capably carry a team in PvP
- Squishy, lack of survivability
- Hard to master – rotating cooldowns, getting in and out at the right time, and hitting your Awakening in PvE takes a bit of practice
Best Soulfist Engravings
Like every other class in Lost Ark, your playstyle with Soulfist is largely determined by your choice of Engravings, specifically the class Engravings. Here's a look at what this class has on offer.
|Energy Overflow||Robust Spirit|
|Level 1: Energy never drops below 1, but any additional Energy that is recovered is not applied during Hype. If your Energy is below 30 percent, you deal an extra 5 percent damage to enemies. Level 2: If your Energy is below 30 percent, you deal an extra 10 percent damage to enemies. Level 3: If your Energy is below 30 percent, you deal an extra 15 percent damage to enemies||Level 1: When in Hype mode, you will enter level 3 immediately. You recover Energy 200 percent faster and have a damage increase of 15 percent while in Hype Mode. Level 2: 25 percent damage increase in Hype Mode. Level 3: 35 percent damage increase in Hype Mode.|
These two class Engravings impact your playstyle completely.
- Energy Overflow – This Engraving is not used very often as Robust Spirit is by far the more reliable Engraving for landing big damage with your World Decimation Awakening skill. Energy Overflow is harder to use. It requires a lot more micromanagement of your energy.
- Robust Spirit – This Engraving lends itself to a burst damage build. You rely on your cooldowns and Hype Mode refresh to boost your damage by a massive 35 percent for the short duration you're in the mode. Rinse and repeat. This is the more popular class Engraving for the Soulfist.
Other Recommended Engravings
The other recommended Engravings are as follows. These are really go-to Engravings for most classes in PvE. We will include more detailed guides in our best Soulfist builds.
|Awakening||At level 3, Awakening reduces skill cooldown by 50 percent and gives you three more uses. This is essential for Soulfist which heavily relies on your Awakening skill to do burst damage.|
|Grudge||At level 3, Grudge increases your damage against Boss level or above monsters by 20 percent, while also reducing incoming damage by 20 percent. Pretty standard for PvE.|
|Cursed Doll||At level 3, Cursed Doll increases all attack power by 16 percent but reduces incoming healing. This is not that common in high level raids but it's a good place to start during your first endgame runs.|
|Spirit Absorption||At level 3, Spirit Absorption increases attack and movement speed by 15 percent.|
Alternate Engravings include:
- Backstabbing Master, Steady State, Blitz Commander
Best Soulfist Skills
We've put together a sample skillset for a late-game Soulfist build to give you an idea of what sort of stuff you'll be pulling off as this class. This skillset requires 300 skill points.
|Ability||Tripod One||Tripod Two||Tripod Three|
||Fighting Spirit Enhancement
||Energy Release Enhancement
This is just a sample skillset build for an endgame raid/PvE Soulfist build. We will go into more detail in our best Soulfist build guides.
Soulfist Awakening Skills
Here are the Soulfist's two Awakening skills.
- World Decimation – World Decimation is the preferred Awakening skill in almost every scenario. This massive AoE hitter deals huge damage, but is notoriously difficult to hit, especially on big Raid bosses who just love to move at the last minute. Much of the Soulfist's kit relies on hitting this, though, so you better practice.
- Annihilating Ray – The Annihilating Ray is much more reliable in terms of hitting your enemies, but the death ray deals a lot less damage, and, quite frankly, is a lot less fun to use.
Check out some of our other Lost Ark class overviews here:
- Lost Ark Berserker Class Overview
- Lost Ark Paladin Class Overview
- Lost Ark Scrapper Class Overview
Source: Read Full Article