We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
One of the most popular games of the past decade, Overwatch has finally been given a sequel, and this time it’s completely free-to-play. Even better news is that existing Overwatch players can carry over their unlockables, including any skins gained from the original game’s Loot Box system. Furthermore, Overwatch 2 features cross-progression, meaning progress and purchases are linked to your Battle.net account, and can therefore be accessed on all platforms.
Blizzard explains more: “Overwatch 2 will feature Cross-Progression between your Console and Battle.net accounts.
“This requires the data from both Console and Battle.net to be merged. You will soon be prompted to either confirm that your correct Console and Battle.net accounts are linked, or to link your accounts if they are not already.”
“After Cross-Progression is enabled, Battle.net, Xbox, and PlayStation in-game wallets will be shared.”
Annoyingly, the same rules don’t apply on Nintendo Switch, where Overwatch 2 appears to exist as its own entity.
Virtual currency redeemed and purchased on Nintendo Switch is only available on the Nintendo platform. Likewise, currency purchased on other devices won’t appear on Switch.
You can see the steps for merging your console with your Battle.net account below.
Here are the steps you can take to merge your console account to a battle.net account…
1. Login to Overwatch from your console account.
2. Follow the on-screen prompts to scan a QR Code on your mobile phone.
3. Enter the code displayed on your console to connect to or create your Blizzard Battle.net Account.
4. Once complete, you will be prompted to confirm your account upon the next game login to merge your accounts.
It’s important to note that you only get one chance to merge your console account with your Battle.net account, so be careful. If you run into any issues, check out Blizzard’s Overwatch 2 FAQ for support.
Here are the steps you can take to merge your console account to a battle.net account:
- Login to Overwatch from your console account.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to scan a QR Code on your mobile phone.
- Enter the code displayed on your console to connect to or create your Blizzard Battle.net Account.
- Once complete, you will be prompted to confirm your account upon the next game login to merge your accounts.
Source: Read Full Article