We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
Fortnite developer Epic Games has released a brand new update on PS5 and PC.
The new Fortnite update 1.000.008 weighs in at around 2.3 GB on the PlayStation 5, but only 135MB on the PC.
According to the Fortnite update patch notes, the new download makes a pretty crucial fix to the next-gen version of the game.
On PS5, the update fixes a problem with the game outputting at 1080p instead of 4K.
“We’ve released a maintenance patch on PC and PlayStation 5,” reads an Epic Games tweet.
“On PC, this is to address stability. On PlayStation 5, this is to address Fortnite outputting at 1080p instead of 4K when not in 120 FPS Mode for players using certain displays.”
To ensure you’re displaying at the preferred output, simply enable Performance Mode in the console settings.
Epic explains more: “With the release of this patch, for the “120 FPS Mode” option to appear in Fortnite on PS5, please make sure “Performance Mode” is enabled in your console settings (Save Data and Game/App Settings > Game Presets > Performance Mode).
“For players who prefer 4K over 120 FPS, please make sure “Performance Mode” isn’t enabled in your PS5 console settings.”
It’s the second major Fortnite update this week, following a recent patch that laid the foundations for the Winter Snowdown event.
The Winter Snowdown event replaces Winterfest as the annual festive celebration for Fortnite.
This year’s event will give players the opportunity to unlock two new skins, as well as a host of other rewards.
It’s all done by completing daily challenges, which are likely to begin rolling out on December 18. You can see the leaked challenges below.
Fortnite: Epic Games tease ‘Winterfest 2020’
Fortnite Operation Snowdown challenges in full…
• Complete Operation Snowdown Quests (9)
• Complete Operation Snowdown Quests (12)
• Dance at Different Holiday trees (5)
• Search chests at Snowmando outposts (5)
• Place Top 10 with friends in Squads (3)
• Destroy Nutcracker statues (5)
• Visit different Snowmando outposts (1)
• Deal damage with Lever Action Rifle (100)
• Play duos/squads with friends (5)
• Travel 5,000 meters in X-4 Stormwings
• Shoot down opponent structures with X-4 Stormwings (10)
• Use Chiller Launcher to apply icy feet to opponents (10)
• Collect Gold Bars (100)
• Catch a Snowy Flopper
• Revive a player in different matches (3)
• Hide inside a Sneaky Snowmando in different matches (3)
• Stoke a campfire (2)
Source: Read Full Article