Fortnite downtime has ended, which means update 10.40 patch notes are finally available to download on PS4, Xbox One, PC, iOS, Android and Nintendo Switch.
According to the full list of patch notes, the new Fortnite update 10.40 introduces a brand new area called Starry Suburbs.
Epic explains more as part of the 10.40 patch notes: “A Rift Zone has brought back the ruined neighborhood near Pleasant Park.
“However, the Rift Zone has given it a homeowners’ association — it’s a nice place to live now!
“The neighborhood is actually so nice that shooting stars make it their destination. Crush the stars to access powerful items, including a never-before-seen weapon!”
As previously reported, the new update also makes big changes to matchmaking and controller sensitivity.
This includes improved logic for matchmaking, which should result in players being paired with opponents of a similar level.
As an added bonus, Epic Games has announced plans to hold a Double XP weekend, which is ideal if you need to level up your Battle Pass.
Check out the full list of update 10.40 patch notes below….
WEAPONS + ITEMS
• Explosive Batarang
• Added an audio visualizer icon for proximity beeping.
• Shield Bubbles will bounce off other players when thrown at them.
• Rare trap.
• Drops in stacks of 3.
• Found from Supply Drops, Vending Machines, Llamas, and Floor Loot.
• Can be placed on floors, walls, or ramps/stairs.
• Provides a jump boost in a direction perpendicular to its placement.
• Enabled the Batman Grapnel Gun and Explosive Batarang in Arena and Tournament playlists.
• Resolved an issue in which the Health bars of vehicles would not display.
• When a Junk Rift object hits a player wearing a Bush, it will no longer damage the player instead of the Bush.
• Using a Grapnel Gun to enter a Rift Zone will no longer prevent players from moving around while skydiving.
• Resolved an issue in which players could deploy a Glider while in prop form.
• Being in prop form no longer prevents players from being affected by the Explosive Batarang’s homing.
• Explosive Batarangs will no longer float in the air after the object they are on is destroyed.
• Resolved an issue in which the Zapper Trap would not deploy at the location of the placement preview.
• Shield Bubbles attached to a Supply Drop will no longer disappear after the Supply Drop is destroyed.
• Shield Bubbles can no longer prevent fall damage.
• Shield Bubbles can no longer become stuck in the air.
• Resolved an issue in which Shield Bubbles would not attach to a vehicle when thrown by a player riding the vehicle.
• Double XP Weekend!
• Make this weekend double the fun. From Friday, September 27 at 9 AM ET to Monday, September 30 at 9 AM ET, you’ll earn double the XP for the matches you play.
• We’ve introduced improved matchmaking logic to core modes.
• Players are now more likely to match with those of similar skill.
• As players get better, so should their opponents.
• We will slowly roll this out to core modes in all regions as we test and monitor how it performs.
• Please see our blog post for more details.
• New Sensitivity and Aim Assist settings on controllers.
• For the details of these settings, please refer to our blog post.
• Note: When using these settings, crosshairs turn red while pointed at a target that is within effective range, which is anytime before damage drop-off is applied.
• This new playlist is a great way to get familiar with the controller setting improvements mentioned above!
• Though The Combine is useful for this purpose, it can also be played using “Legacy” controls, mouse + keyboard, or touch.
• The goal in this playlist is to reach the end as fast as possible while eliminating all targets along the way.
• There are leaderboards that allow you to compete for the fastest time with friends or other players.
• Each leaderboard provides options to sort times by your preferred input device.
• A Rift Zone has brought back the ruined neighborhood near Pleasant Park. However, the Rift Zone has given it a homeowners’ association — it’s a nice place to live now!
• The neighborhood is actually so nice that shooting stars make it their destination. Crush the stars to access powerful items, including a never-before-seen weapon!
Players can now use the crouch input to exit prop form.
Hitmarkers no longer display on teammates.
• Removed the Reset Camera control bind.
• Fixed an issue where players could use infinite sprays while in a Rift Zone.
• The building piece choice no longer resets to the wall option when players using a controller have the Reset Building option turned off.
• Resolved an issue in which the sound of a Chest would continue after a player opened the Chest.
• The “Where is Matt” Emote music no longer restarts after every loop.
• The Controls Help option, a menu option meant only for mobile platforms, is no longer present on other platforms.
• The Building Edit option is now located in the Building section of the Input settings rather than the Misc section.
• Match stats no longer clip off-screen during a Victory Royale celebration.
• The “You are in the Storm” warning no longer displays multiple times when switching spectated players.
• The Shield Bubble’s sound effects no longer behave improperly when players scrub a replay.
Source: Read Full Article