While playing Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town, you will notice that as you perform various tasks on your new farm, such as tilling the land or harvesting crops, little creatures will pop out of the ground and scurry away. These are Follower Sprites, and they have a big role to play in the game.
As you collect these little Sprites, more and more content will open up to you in a variety of ways, and you’ll also gain access to the rather useful Earth Sprite Village. Here’s everything you need to know about Sprites and what they unlock.
How To Collect Follower Sprites
You don’t actually need to chase down the little Follower Sprites as they appear, just having them pop up will automatically add them to your total, which will appear in the top right of your screen whenever one is found.
Follower Sprites appear naturally while you do various tasks such as cutting grass, chopping down trees, mining, fishing, harvesting, and tilling the land. Of course, you can expedite the collection process by ensuring that you do a decent amount of farming each day to get as many sprites as possible.
Unlocking the Earth Sprite Village
Once you have collected 25 Follower Sprites, you will get a visit from Navi-sprite who will invite you to the Earth Sprite Village. This is a great place where you can put all those sprites you’ve been collecting to work.
You can assign Follower Sprites to different Earth Sprite Leaders found in the village by speaking to the Manager Sprite. Each Leader is associated with a different kind of resource. They will then help you by collecting the resource type they are associated with. Be sure to visit the Earth Sprite Village often to collect your items.
These different Sprites can level up to retrieve better quality items as well as offer a wider variety of goods. You can also later unlock more types of Sprites by purchasing Shrine Blessings. All Sprites can always be found in the village, apart from the Journey Sprite who will sometimes be missing while he is journeying around collecting different items for you. In addition to giving you items, you will also receive Sprite Coins each time you collect a sprite’s haul.
- Grass Sprite: Gives various items usually obtained by cutting grass. (Available as soon as the Earth Sprite Village is unlocked.)
- Stone Sprite: Gives various items usually obtained from mining. (Available as soon as the Earth Sprite Village is unlocked.)
- Log Sprite: Gives various items usually obtained from logging. (Available as soon as the Earth Sprite Village is unlocked.)
- Angler Sprite: Gives various items usually obtained from fishing, as well as bait crafting materials. (Can be purchased from the Shrine once you have 100 Follower Sprites.)
- Care Sprite: Gives various items usually obtained from raising livestock as well as fodder. (Can be purchased from the Shrine once you have 100 Follower Sprites.)
- Journey Sprite: Gives various items usually harvested in the wild or from draining puddles. (Can be purchased from the Shrine once you have 100 Follower Sprites.)
- Chef Sprite: Gives various items usually obtained from cooking. (Can be purchased from the Shrine once you have 100 Follower Sprites.)
- Field Sprite: Gives various items usually obtained from growing crops and flowers. (Can be purchased from the Shrine once you have 100 Follower Sprites.)
At the top of the Earth Sprite Village, you will find the Boss Sprite who offers a range of services.
- Sprite Shop: This is where you can spend those Sprite Coins you’ve been collecting. This is a great place to get some of the items usually only found in the wild, as well as various crafting materials and crops, all of which are of decent quality. Additionally, the stock rotates, so check in often to see what else has been added.
- Release an Animal: Release any livestock or pets you no longer wish to keep.
- Lost and Found: Retrieve any important items that you may have lost.
At the bottom of the Earth Sprite Village is Navi-sprite, who will whisk you back to your farm whenever you wish. He will also be found outside of your farmhouse once you have unlocked the Earth Sprite Village and can be used to visit the village and other Special Locations at any time.
Unlocking Special Locations
Sprites play a pivotal role in unlocking a number of Special Locations in addition to the Earth Sprite Village. There are a number of ways that Sprites will open up new Special Locations for you:
- Total Number of Sprites Collected: Hitting Follower Sprite milestones can open up new areas, such as getting access to Beanstalk Island when you collect 60 Sprites.
- Exploration: Exploring your farm to its fullest can result in the Earth Sprites showing you to new secret locations, such as unlocking the Lava Caves by reaching the bottom level of the second mine.
- Leveling Up Skills: Reaching specific Skill Level milestones can also result in the Earth Sprites inviting you to new locations, for example, reaching Mining Level 9 will open up Stonebreaker Valley.
Unlocking the Spirit and Shrine Blessings
As you collect more Follower Sprites, you will begin to witness various cutscenes portraying a small spirit child. Once you reach 100 Follower Sprites, the child will regain its true form and you will unlock the Spirit of the Spring secret character.
Reaching 100 Sprites also unlocks the ability to purchase blessings from the Shrine in the north of Olive Town. The more sprites you collect, the more types of blessings that will become available, with blessings varying from opening up new areas, unlocking new content such as mounts or pets, stat boosts, and more.
Next: Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town Complete Guide And Walkthrough
- Story Of Seasons
- Pioneers of Olive Town
Meg appreciates gaming on all formats but primarily spends her time achievement hunting to the extreme. Her passion for gaming began as a child when first introduced to the Amstrad.
Source: Read Full Article