Despite boasting a nice array of features, lots of courses and fantastic visuals, the lack of a 60 frames-per-second performance mode really hurt EA Sports PGA Tour at launch. The Electronic Arts golfing sim just didn’t feel as smooth as rival golf game PGA Tour 2K23. Fortunately, however, EA Sports PGA Tour’s newly released update adds the 60FPS gameplay mode fans have been waiting for. As you can see from the patch notes further down the page, update 4.5 introduces a “Performance Mode” to the game. Fans can toggle between Performance Mode for 60 frames-per-second gameplay at a lower resolution, or Quality Mode for higher quality graphics at 30 FPS.
PGA Tour update 4.5 also makes a series of gameplay tweaks and bug fixes, all the while introducing new challenges ahead of the U.S Women’s Open.
EA Sports explains more: “In anticipation of the U.S Women’s Open next week, updates have been made to support a series of challenges which will be released during the tournament.”
Elsewhere, “Round Settings” have been added to the scorecard screen, while visual improvements have been made during flyovers of select courses.
EA has also updated Jessika Korda’s round 2 and 3 outfits, and made improvements to the user-interface.
Check out the full list of EA Sports PGA Tour update 4.5 patch notes below.
EA Sports PGA Tour update 4.5 patch notes…
• ‘Round Settings’ have been added to the scorecard screen, so that settings such as wind speed and course conditions can be referenced while in gameplay.
• Global: Reduce popping of bushes and tall grass during hole flyovers on a number of courses.
• Banff Springs: Reduce shadow popping during hole flyovers.
• LACC: Add grandstand behind hole 2 green and remove grandstand behind hole 11 green.
• LACC: Fix for missing stairs on the greenside grandstand at hole 14.
• LACC: Removed green awnings from the clubhouse.
• LACC: Removed all visible mow lines.
• LACC: Fix LACC flag on the right side of hole 1 not reacting to wind.
• LACC: Fix tree branches clipping through the concrete pillar underneath the bridge at hole 9.
• LACC: Replace USGA tee markers with U.S. Open tee markers.
• Oak Hill: Fix for shadow popping in bunkers.
• Update Jessika Korda’s round 2 and 3 outfits.
• Fix for the “Dominican Open” tournament in Career mode showing “The Players” branding.
• Update logo on U.S. Open ball marker to be more clearly visible.
• Update caddie bibs to use the latest U.S. Open logo.
• Update images in the store on some gear to use the latest U.S. Open logo.
• Event Info Screen now displays Gameplay Style and Swing Mechanic for the upcoming round.
• Equipment: Backing out of the select loft screen will now display specs for the selected type of club instead of always displaying specs for fairway woods.
• Quests: Fix for “Quest Complete” popup showing unlocalized text for items.
• Fix for a number of crashes and softlocks related to network disconnects in a variety of areas of the game.
• Improvements to crash reporting metrics.
• Additional crash and stability-related fixes.
• Visual improvements to some hairstyles, fixing instances where lighting was unintentionally reflecting off head texture which caused hair to look thinner than intended.
• Fix for rare occurrences where button spamming after restarting a match or requesting an unplayable lie would cause the golfer to move to an incorrect location on the course.
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Source: Read Full Article