It’s now getting into the season of big events with the Game Developers Conference (GDC) out the way, F8 2019 concluding yesterday, Google I/O next week and the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) next month to name a few. There are also plenty of smaller, more focused events dotted around the calendar, one of which is the annual Develop:Brighton conference in the UK which has just published its full schedule.
The annual three-day conference and expo is set to feature more than 100 speakers who will be hosting talks, Q&As and roundtable discussions. Speakers will be covering a wide range of topics focused on eight tracks – Art, Design, Indie, Audio, Evolve, Business, Discoverability and Coding.
The speaker line-up includes the following talks:
- Keynote: Rebellion – The Path to Independence
- Chris Kingsley and Jason Kingsley – Rebellion
- Body Positivity in Character Design
- Loukia Kyriakidou – Freelance Artist
- A First Look: The Xbox Accessibility Guidelines
- Brannon Zahand – Microsoft
- Fun, Safety, Profit: Year 1 of a Successful Indie Studio
- Lottie Bevan – Weather Factory
- Show Them the Money: An Agent & Developers Q&A
- Derek Douglas, Creative Artists Agency (CAA) & AJ Grand-Strutton – Dlala
- Elegance vs Intricacy – When Your Design Is Too Good to Have Depth
- Tim Fletcher – Jagex
- Pushing the Boundaries for PlayStation VR: Sony London Studio’s Journey to Blood & Truth
- Stuart Whyte – Sony London Studio
- Code Ahoy – Finding Hidden Treasure In Creating Your Own Audio Systems
- Jon Vincent, Jamie Hughes, Katie Tarrant & Guillaume Muller – Rare
- Next Gen VR – What Developers Need to Know
- Andrew Ayre Alvaro Barúa – ZeroLight
- Accessibility and the Importance of Including the Disabled in the Development Process
- Felicia Prehn – Nopia Oy
Alongside all the talks, Develop:Brighton 2019 will also include the Indie Showcase Competition where budding studios have the opportunity to show off their videogames not published by a third party, with the deadline being 20th May. And then there is the new Develop: Star Awards, celebrating the best videogames and talent from the last 12 months.
Registrations are now live with interested visitors able to save 20% on a conference pass with the Early Bird rate if bought on or before Wednesday, 5th June. Develop:Brighton runs from Tuesday 9th to Thursday 11th July 2019 at the Hilton Brighton Metropole. For further updates, keep reading VRFocus.
Source: Read Full Article