According to Bungie Support, Guardians are reporting issues after downloading the latest Destiny 2 update. The new patch went live earlier today and makes a number of changes, including the removal of bugs. But something else has happened that is causing issues for gamers on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
According to Bungie, there are reports that the new Destiny 2 update is also causing some materials to be removed from accounts.
It’s unclear why this might be happening and it’s certainly not a planned change that’s confirmed in the Destiny 2 patch notes.
The good news for those affected is that Bungie is looking into the issues and will hopefully have a fix soon.
Here’s the latest on the current situation with the new Destiny 2 update, as confirmed by the Bungie Support team:
“We’re currently investigating an issue where players may have lost their Glimmer and/or various infusion materials after Update 4.7.1 went live. Please standby for updates.”
- Games with Gold February 2020: Boost ahead of free Xbox games reveal
As mentioned above, Glimmer appears to be the most noticeable removal affecting Guardians tonight on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
A message from Bungie earlier this week confirmed that they had been looking at current issues affecting the game, although there was no mention of the Glimmer issue.
“Over the last few months, we’ve been gathering feedback associated with game performance,” a message from the Bungie team explains.
“This translates to moments when you may see framerate drops during activities or long load times when accessing a menu. The team has been deep in the code, looking for potential causes of these issues.
“While our goal is to address these at the beginning of the next season, these fixes may be delayed if further issues arise. We’ll be sure to keep you updated as we approach Season of [Redacted]. “
You can find today’s Destiny 2 patch notes for PS4, Xbox One and PC listed below:
PIT OF HERESY
- Improved some performance issues in the Chamber of Suffering encounter that could reduce framerates.
- Fixed an issue where players could die when transitioning from the Necropolis encounter to the Tunnels of Despair.
- Fixed an issue where players could get out of the environment in the Tunnels of Despair.
GARDEN OF SALVATION
- Improved a performance issue that could occur when chunks of land return, or are removed during the Sanctified Mind encounter.
- Improved the visual indication for when a tether source hub is on or off.
- Added text notification when a Vex sacrifices on a relay.
NIGHTFALL: THE ORDEAL
- Reduced weekly completions needed to bring it in line with other challenges.
- Players now need three completions on Adept, two completions on Hero, or one completion on Legend or Master.
- Players can now shortcut directly to their Roster by selecting their empty fireteam slots, or by invoking the Roster shortcut on Director Map screens.
- When an activity is selected, fireteam leaders can navigate left and right to get to Quests and Roster respectively, then back to return to the selected activity.
- Seasonal Bow mods should now work reliably with Hush.
- Fixed an issue where Onslaught would reduce damage at 2x Rampage stacks despite not increasing Rate of Fire.
- Adjusted scope feedback and camera shake on Hard Light firing.
- Eriana’s Vow no longer gets more ammo when swapping from other Special ammo weapons in Gambit. Starting ammo in Gambit increased from six to ten.
- Fixed an issue where swapping from Two-Tailed Fox to another Power weapon would generate more ammo than intended.
- Fixed an issue where Leviathan’s Breath started PVE activities with more ammo than intended.
- Fixed an issue where Xenophage started PVE activities with more ammo than intended.
- The Empowered Finisher Dawn mod will no longer consume Super energy if you do not have a mod equipped that is capable of benefiting from the Charged with Light buff.
- The Ever Ready Dawn mod will now stack correctly with weapon dexterity leg armor mods applicable to the weapons it covers.
- The Heavy Handed Dawn mod will no longer trigger after the death of Telesto bolts. Increased the number of enemies that must be near the player to trigger the ammo-granting benefit from two to three.
- Several class item armor mods will now correctly provide diminishing returns when multiple copies of the mod are equipped. These mods include Perpetuation, Innervation, Invigoration, Insulation, and Absolution.
- Wormgod Caress and Winter’s Guile no longer retain the status of their buff if the armor piece is unequipped.
- The perk on Synthoceps now deactivates immediately when the armor piece is unequipped.
- The Transcendent Blessing Outlaw mod will now correctly appear in players’ inventory; previously, it would only be visible in the mod flyout when socketing a mod.
- Grenade Launcher Scavenger will no longer award Special ammo for Grenade Launchers when the player picks up Primary ammo bricks.
- The last finisher removed from favorites will no longer override the fallback default class finisher.
- Giddy Laugh rare emote now has a valid icon and can be selected for equipping on the emote wheel.
- Shadowkeep campaign Exotic armor no longer has a potential to show up in Xur’s weekly inventory.
- Gunsmith now properly assesses the owned status of Unflinching Machine Gun and Unflinching Hand Cannon mods.
POWER AND PROGRESSION
- Fixed an issue that caused the amount of XP earned not to show up next to the XP progress bar.
- NOTE: This issue may still exist for players after they reach Seasonal Rank 100, but all XP earned will still apply to Seasonal Ranks above 100.
- Changed the progress bar description on the Weekly Strike challenge from “Bounties completed” (which was incorrect) to “Strikes completed”.
- Completion values for some of the destination Obelisk Weekly Bounties have been reduced.
- Fixed an issue where the “Green with Envy” pursuits could stop progressing correctly.
- Players who were in this state should have their progress updated retroactively.
- Fixed an issue in which Roaring Flames was buffing Solar Weapon Damage while standing in a Well of Radiance.
- Fixed an issue in which Sunbreaker Titans were able to self-heal by bouncing a Throwing Hammer off a wall.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Warlocks from using Blink after switching weapons or cancelling sprint.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the Sunbreaker Titan’s Mortar Blast to deal little to no damage.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Sunbreaker Titans to gain stacks of Roaring Flames by destroying Telesto projectiles.
- Increased the Sunbreaker Titan’s Mortar Blast damage by 70 percent in PvE.
- Players will remain in spaceflight instead of going to a black screen when they load into a PvP match faster than their peers.
BOUNTIES AND PURSUITS
- Fixed an issue that could prevent players from obtaining the Black Armory Key Mold quest from Ada-1 on multiple characters.
- Acquisition of Black Armory rare bounties significantly improved.
- Players that complete all available weekly and daily bounties will acquire a rare bounty within five days.
- Black Armory Keys taking up space in Pursuits will be removed if a player has already completed the Mysterious Box Izanagi’s Burden quest chain and unlocked the Exotic in their Collections.
- The Gambit Prime “Collector” bounty will now progress from picking up Luna destination materials.
- Fixed an issue affecting the “Newest” sorting option in Pursuits.
- Newly acquired quests, or quests that get updated, will now be properly sorted to the top.
- In Collections, the “Playin’ the Odds” Gambit emblem will now properly register as unlocked and can be reacquired accordingly.
- Fixed an issue that was impacting the Unveiling Triumph.
- Eris is now ready to present her final Lore entry to players who need it.
- The Unveiling Lore Triumph now correctly reads #/11 Lore pieces and will unlock upon obtaining the final Lore piece.
- Fixed an issue where certain randomized dialogue would play more or less frequently than intended.
- Fixed an issue that was causing notifications to appear again after transferring items using the Bnet D2 API.
- Improved performance when receiving certain messages from the server.
- Largest impact will be in the Tower, but should help everywhere.
- Fixed an issue that caused FOTL items to be stuck in the postmaster as invisible items for some players.
Source: Read Full Article