Bungie has confirmed that today’s Destiny 2 update is releasing after an extended period of server downtime.
Added time has been needed during today’s maintenance period, which is now scheduled to end at 10 pm, BST.
“Destiny 2 maintenance has been extended by 3 hours,” a message from Bungie confirms.
“Expected completion is now 2 PM PDT. Please stay tuned for updates. Xbox players won’t be able to log in until the update becomes available.”
It should be noted that today’s Destiny 2 update can be downloaded now, but the game might not be available until later.
Fans who are waiting for something to do will have the chance of unlocking the exotic quest for Outbreak Prime, a pulse rifle from Destiny 1.
The Rise of Iron era weapon is a surprise inclusion for fans and is part of a quest that includes tracking down the Fallen Transponder.
This can be found in the heroic adventure mission on Titan, the new Flashpoint area.
Guardians will need to explore the rooms near where you eliminate the Shrieker, exploring the rooms on the left should provide you with the device.
The new quest doesn’t appear to have been solved yet although more people will be ready to complete after maintenance ends.
Patch notes from today’s Destiny 2 update can be found below:
- Spectral Blades
- Out-of-stealth damage reduction decreased from 60% to 52%
- In-stealth damage reduction decreased from 62% to 54.4%
- Super duration out of stealth with no attacking decreased from 17.5 to 14.5 seconds
- Super duration in stealth with no attacking decreased from 26.6 to 23.5 seconds
- Light melee cost increased by 50%
- Fixed an issue in which Combination Blow was unintentionally magnifying damage of the Arc Staff Super
- Fixed an issue where Warlocks were unable to Blink after going through a teleportation portal
- Fixed an issue where Chaos Reach would not deal damage to enemies affected by other status effects (such as Thorn’s Soul Devourer or Hunter Tethers)
- Fixed an issue where Actium War Rig would prevent Auto Rifles with the Grave Robber perk from being able to generate Masterwork orbs
- Fixed an issue where Vestian Dynasty could not be Masterworked
- The Wizened Rebuke can now drop with random rolls from Iron Banner engrams and Match Rewards once the associated Triumph has been completed
- Removing Sentry armor with Umbral Strike stacks active will no longer give a permanent damage buff against Taken (note that while the buff string does not clean up, the damage modifier properly clears when removing the armor; the string cleanup will be fixed in a later patch)
- Fixed an issue where Dreaming City lore was not being awarded when completing an Ascendant Challenge
- Fixed an issue where the “Collect Vex Samples” objective of the Xûr bounty “The Tower” could not be completed in the Warden of Nothing strike
- Fixed an issue with the Gambit Prime bounty “Sentries Hold the Line” where all boss enemies were unintentionally contributing toward bounty progress
- The bounty has been re-balanced to award significantly more bounty progress for Blocker and Primeval kills
- Lowered the Verdant Light: Competitive Triumph to require only 20 Revelry Orbs
- Players who earned 20 orbs during the Revelry event will have their Triumph completed retroactively
- If players completed all other Triumphs, the “Party Harder” Triumph will also be completed and grant the emblem reward
- Fixed an issue where Massacre and Locksmith medals were not appearing in Gambit Prime
- Fixed an issue where the Iron Ruby shader was not dropping
- This shader now drops when dismantling Iron Banner gear
- Fixed an issue where Legendary Eververse Ghost Shells were dropping with only Mercury perks
- Fixed an issue where the “Good Doggo” emote was dropping from unintended sources
Source: Read Full Article