Developers SuperCell has announced their release date plans for Clash Royale Season 3.
As confirmed in a new blog post shared by the team, Clash Royale will see a new update launched today, September 2.
There is still a chance of delays and development changes but if everything runs to plan, Season 3 content should be available to download later today.
SuperCell hasn’t revealed whether server downtime on Android and iOS will be needed, or how large the new update will be.
From past rollouts, it seems likely that some kind of patching will be required before access to Season 3 begins.
Fans will also need to keep there game up to date to have access to servers during the upcoming season.
We also don’t know exactly when Clash Royale Season 3 will begin today, however, an announcement on social media is expected before it begins.
When it comes to new content, SuperCell has confirmed that a lot of it will be based around the returning Legendary Arena.
It has been confirmed that above 4000 trophies, all battles in Season 3 will take place in Legendary Arena.
Much of the new content being released today will be found as part of the Season 3 Pass Royale.
This includes new emotes and a Legendary Tower skin, called the Fortress. Full details on all this will be revealed following release.
New balance changes are also being made as part of the launch of Clash Royale Season 3. You can find full details on the buffs to The Executioner and other characters below in the early patch notes.
As noted by SuperCell, the biggest balance change has been reserved for The Executioner, who can deal a lot more damage in Season 3.
“The Executioner has lagged behind in win/use rates for a while in competitive play,” a message from SuperCell explains.
“The issue with buffing him has been his general toughness and lack of counterplay. Due to high health, long-range, and spatial control, a buff would make him powerful with only Rocket to defeat him on defence.
“We wanted a solid ranged attacker that could counter Fireball-bait type strategies, especially squads of Barbarians.
“This change will kill Barbs with one axe swing, and leave Musketeers with just a sliver of health. Executioner will be less well-rounded – now he is extremely powerful in favourable situations but less effective against long-range attackers.”
CLASH ROYALE SEASON 3 PATCH NOTES
Executioner – REWORK
- Damage +98%
- Hitpoints -5%
- Range reduced (min 4.5 – max 6.5) > (min 3.5 – max 5)
- Hit Speed reduced 2.4sec > 2.5sec
- Faster Axe return time (1.5 sec > 1.1sec)
- Area Damage Radius: 0.8 > 1
- Area Damage Radius: 1.2 > 1.1
- For the last few months, Dark Prince has dominated the melee Area Damage role, outclassing Royal Ghost and Valkyrie. Dark Prince is slightly above acceptable win rates, so we are going to give him a small nerf to his hit area, and a big increase to Royal Ghost to ideally balance out their usage.
- Range: Long > Medium
- Last month’s change was designed to be a small nerf but ended up being a mild buff. We were torn last month between Melee: Medium or Long range for P.E.K.K.A, and the past month has made it clear that Medium is a more appropriate range for PEKKA without a further Hitpoints nerf.
- Goblin Brawler Speed: Very Fast > Fast
- The Goblin Cage has sported the highest win rate in Challenges, including a huge usage rate in the 8+ Win range. We wanted to reduce its effectiveness against Hog Rider and dampen the counterattack potential, so we are putting him between the Medium speed Goblin Giant and the Very Fast speed Goblin Gang.
- Elixir Cost: 4 > 3
- Damage: -11%
- Fisherman is being reduced to 3 Elixir to create a role as a support card/useful when played in combinations with other cards. Instead of making him a well-rounded brawler at 4 with massive stat buffs, we want to make him an interesting alternative to Tornado.
Giant was displaying Melee: Long on his card statistics, whilst being a Melee: Medium card. The card statistic now correctly displays Melee: Medium, which accurately reflects his Range.
Source: Read Full Article