UPDATE: A new Call of Duty Modern Warfare update is available to download now on PS4, Xbox One and PC. As mentioned below, the new content includes the Crossbow Challenge, Ground War Playlist changes and the upcoming Call of Duty League cosmetics bundle.
It should be noted that the new Crossbow can only be unlocked by using a Marksman Rifle with a Reflex Optic to score five kills in 25 different matches.
Another big change fans will notice is the five additional loadout slots added to the game that has been promised as being in the works for the past couple of weeks. Anyone interested in finding out about all the changes made today in the new COD update can check out the official Modern Warfare patch notes at the bottom of this article.
ORIGINAL: Developers Infinity Ward has provided news on what to expect from today’s Call of Duty Modern Warfare update on PS4 and Xbox One. As revealed earlier this week, COD fans should expect a much meatier download than what has been seen in the past few weeks. The holiday saw a bit of a lull in new content, and now Modern Warfare should see a sizable change on all platforms.
The good news is that we know for sure that this new Call of Duty patch will be going live today, January 22.
This should be arriving by 7pm, GMT, on PS4, Xbox One and PC, unless issues arise with the updating process.
And we also know that the current Double XP event will be ending with the new COD release.
So fans should be prepared to squeeze out as much as they can before this latest bonus disappears at 6pm, GMT.
- Games with Gold February 2020: Reveal date and free Xbox predictions
For gamers in the United States, that means 10am PT on Wednesday, January 22.
When it comes to new content being released today on PS4, Xbox One and PC, developers Infinity Ward has been providing plenty of news.
We now know that a new challenge will be added to the game and this will be the only way to unlock the latest piece of Season 1 arsenal.
The Crossbow will be going live today but as noted above, it won’t just drop into your inventory.
You will need to earn it, with a new message from Activision confirming: “Meet your new friend, the Crossbow.
“Arriving on January 22, this super-sleek one-hit kill weapon is available to earn and add to your Modern Warfare arsenal.
“Visit the Marksman Rifles tab in the Loadout menu to find the Crossbow. You’ll have to complete a marksman rifle related to challenge in order to earn this bad bolt of a weapon.
“Check out our Crossbow blog this week on the Games Blog for tips ‘n tricks to earning this weapon.”
So more information should be coming soon on how to add the Crossbow to your loadout in COD Modern Warfare.
Today will also see a new playlist refresh, something that usually happens on Tuesdays.
The patch notes will confirm all the major changes but we do know that Aniyah Palace will be returning to Ground War.
Infinity Ward is also dropping in another surprise, this time connected with the Call of Duty League.
The new eSports venture is kicking off this year and fans will soon have access to team cosmetics.
These won’t be going live today but will be dropping into the store later this week, on Friday, January 24.
“Players can visit the Store this week to get official Call of Duty League gear for your Operators in game,” Infinity Ward adds.
“The team packs include home and away skins for your Operators, weapon camos that can be equipped to any weapon, calling cards, and more.
“Celebrate your favourite team by heading to the Franchise Store tab in the Modern Warfare Store and scroll down to pick up the Call of Duty League team bundle of your choice, scheduled to launch on January 24.”
Aside from new content, there are also going to be plenty of bug fixes included in this new COD Modern Warfare update.
Fans can expect all the latest information released later today in official Call of Duty patch notes.
CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE PATCH NOTES
- Playlist Update: Added Capture the Flag and Shoot the Ship (Removes Shoot House 24/7) playlists! We also added Aniyah Palace back into rotation
- 5 additional loadout slots!
- New Weapon – Crossbow! Unlocked by using a Marksman Rifle with a Reflex Optic, get 5 kills in 25 different matches!
- In some cases, players could hit an invisible kill trigger in a bush that would cause them to die instantly while near A Flag on Port. This has been fixed.
- Fixed an out of bounds exploit on Aniyah Palace
- Temporarily removing Krovnik Farmland out of rotation while we work on a few bugs
- Fix for a bug that could lock a PC player’s FOV at 60 until they respawn while in Ground War
- The “Stand Together” calling card (3 Wins in Team Deathmatch) was being awarded even though this calling card is earned by default. This has been adjusted to the “Redemption” calling card.
- The Daily Challenge for getting “10 Claymore Kills” was awarding the “One Shot” spray which is unlocked by default. This has been adjusted to the “Soft Serve” spray.
- Fix for an issue where the playlist filter would not switch game modes, even with multiple modes selected
- Adjusted the damage threshold for “Get X Kills while Injured” challenge to make it a bit easier to obtain
- Various out-of-map exploit fixes
- Fix for a few graphical errors that could occur on Ground War maps
- Infected: Fixed a bug where the Nuke effects and audio will interrupt and overlap the final killcam if called in after death of the final survivor
- Fixes to the Recent Players list appearing incorrectly on Xbox
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to capture the Hardpoint while in the hotel on St. Petrograd
- Adjusted the obituary to remove the oldest items first
- Fixed a bug that would reset Voice Chat settings after the application was hard closed
- Fix for a bug that allowed player collision. This has been fixed
- Players can no longer cancel their recovery state when sliding, but will always incur the standard fire delay (visually the player will still respond)
- On Shipment, players are able to set Care Packages on spawn points, causing players to die instantly when spawning in on these points. This has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the Elite Xbox One controller had a slight bounce back with the analog sticks
- Fixed a bug that could give players invincibility
- Fix for some Officer Progression emblems not displaying the correct rarity
- Fixed an issue that would lock Operator missions despite having the correct Battle Pass Tier
- Fixed a bug where using the ‘Stopping Power Rounds’ Field Upgrade with an empty C4 slot would cause the C4 detonator to appear before reloading with the Stopping Power Rounds
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations while manipulating the Weapon Drop Field Upgrade
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Recon Drone to fly into geo if C4 was thrown onto it
- Fix for Stopping Power Rounds not applying the correct damage boost to headshots
- Increased protection radius
- Decreased the radius and the damage taken by trophy explosions
- Fixed a bug where the explosion damage and effects wouldn’t trigger for the third explosion
- Fixed a bug that allowed the Cruise Missile to kill players while out of bounds on Shipment
- Fixed a bug where the 1mW Laser would not appear equipped on the 1911 pistol while in the Gunsmith menu
- M4A1 Blueprint “OG” ADS position moved forward; the viewmodel or gun’s position relative to the camera or player’s eye is moved forward more, so it blocks less of the line of sight
- Changing the magazine capacity from 45 to 50 for the RAM-7 extended magazine.
- Increasing the bullet penetration of the MK2 Carbine
- Less horizontal recoil on the initial bullets of the FN Scar-17
- Changed the way stats are displayed for stocks to be more consistent with other attachments (this is for the graphs only, not the actual stats)
Call of Duty League
- Domination: Flags must be neutralized before being captured again. Settings for neutralization timing are now available in settings
- Decreased charge time on the Trophy System
- Headshot multiplier damage has been clamped; torso and headshots are now the same
- Removed lightweight boost and decreased charge time on Dead Silence
- Reworked minimap visuals (removed outside map background, removed minimap frame)
- Improved readability of the killfeed and nameplate colors
- Improved the quality of the colored arrows shown under players when using the Aerial Camera
- Data View feature has been temporarily removed
- Tweaked parts of the Battle Pass UI in order to better support higher Aspect Ratios
- Fixed an issue with the sound effects on the Support Helo
- Several fixes to prevent crashes and improve stability
Source: Read Full Article