Call of Duty Modern Warfare just launched worldwide but as some players jump into the new PS4, Xbox One and PC game this early morning they might have a quick update to download, first.
Earlier today the developers at Infinity Ward release details about a new update, 1.03 for the game which would need to be downloaded before beginning.
They also released new patch notes to explain some of the most recent tweaks.
Writing on Reddit, the team told fans of the game:
"We're almost there! Modern Warfare launches in a few hours and soon you'll be able to hop into Campaign, Special Ops, and Multiplayer. Watching the game light up across the globe is so exciting and we're happy to have all of you along for the ride and to celebrate with us.
"Be sure to check out the landing page for Modern Warfare over on the Activision Games Blog. Check out guides, see what's coming, and learn more about each mode HERE!
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare Server Status DOWN latest: “Connection Failed” Error
"You'll be able to earn and unlock exclusive gear and XP for both Multiplayer and Special Ops when you play through the Campaign as well, so don't skip out! Plus, on Friday night, be sure to grab some of your friends for Ground War!
"Now, since Beta, we've made a TON of fixes to the game. Below are patch notes for fixes we've been working on with the help of your feedback:"
Following a few days we expect we'll see another patch launched for the game as the team iron out any tweaks, bugs or potentially some crucial balance changes to the weapons.
For now, take a look at the latest patch notes, just below
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1.03 Update Patch Notes
- Spawning in Core Multiplayer:
- Fixed edge case scenarios with spawning on enemies
- Adjusted spawn logic to improve spawn quality. We’ve also added more spawns to increase your options. We will continue to improve this map by map post-launch
- Ground War:
- Added more fallback spawns to FOBs if the flag has too many enemies
- Improved safety checking for spawning on Squadmates (is still dangerous, but the UI will notify you of this!)
- Added spawning on Squadmates while in vehicles
- Neutral tanks and helicopters now show up in the Spawn Selection screen
- Helicopters now have flares to help manage incoming missiles
- If all flags are captured by one team, you’ll go into Defcon to win so protect those flags!
- Fix for an exploit that was allowing players (and therefore teammates) to spawn under the map
- Brightened characters in dark areas across many maps
- Low Health Visuals:
- Now brightens up in the middle of the screen instead of darkening
- Weapon Balance:
- In general, weapons received a lot of love since the Beta. Most notably shotguns and pistols.
- Enemy claymores now have larger, visible lasers
- Reviving a teammate near a friendly claymore could cause the claymore to explode, resulting in a suicide
- Now on by default across core multiplayer and Ground War. Enemy firing does not show up on the mini-map unless a team UAV is active
- Map zoom is pulled out a bit to help with player awareness
- VTOL Jet adjusted to not target players though rooftops
- Fix for the Juggernaut Suit not spawning out of a crate. Another fix was deployed to prevent the mask from staying on the player after you have died as the Juggernaut and respawned
- After using the Cruise Missile, player character models were sometimes stuck in a lean after using the streak
- Screen tearing on character and weapon models on Xbox
- Impact damage of lethals/tacticals and the ammo box were causing instant kills
- Adjustments to the descriptions in Gunsmith
- Fix for a bug where the wrong input would be shown for players in a party
- Fix for a bug where a door could open in the opposite direction of the player’s movement
- Footsteps – Footstep tuning of volume fall off distance, mixing volume and occlusion settings
- Placing Deployable Cover on stairs could prevent teammates from being able to mantle or crouch under, blocking paths**.**
- Various audio tuning and fixes for executions and weapons
- Players were able to spam the crouch button while moving creating a ‘snaking’ effect.
- Crouch and prone transition animations have been smoothed out for high FPS
- ADS Sensitivity options can now be saved when using KBM
- Double-tapping the sticks now always triggers the Tactical Sprint when using a gamepad on PC
- Fixed blurriness in various situations
- Ping widget is now showing the correct latency value
- Added depth of field option in the Graphics options
- Added HDR support
- Added NVIDIA Highlight support in MP
- Global performance improvements and stability fixes
- ADS transition animations have been smoothed out for high FPS
- Adjusted stand-to-prone timing for KBM versus gamepads
- Player no longer loses sprint functionality by holding down sprint keybind and the move keybind while respawning
- FOV Slider setting reverting to default after loading into the map.
Source: Read Full Article