We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Fans of Apex Legends are counting down to the release of the game’s Spellbound Collection Event. Coming to PlayStation, Xbox, PC and Nintendo Switch, the Spellbound event has a January 10 release date and a 6pm GMT UK launch time. Running for two weeks until January 24, the Spellbound event features the return of the limited-time game mode Control, as well as a whole host of bonus items and skins.
Control mode sees two teams of nine face each other in a battle to capture control points across the map.
Featuring infinite respawns, the game mode is playable at Barometer in Storm Point, Lava Siphon in World’s Edge, and Hammond Labs in Olympus.
Elsewhere, fans can unlock 24 limited-time cosmetics, including Legendary skins for Vantage, Seer, Mad Maggie, and Mirage.
Anybody able to unlock all of the rewards before the event comes to an end will receive Seer’s new Showstoppers Heirloom.
Needless to say, the Spellbound event launches alongside a big new update, which includes a whole host of bug fixes and gameplay tweaks. You can see the patch notes below.
Apex Legends Spellbound update patch notes…
• G7 Scout enters the crafter
• C.A.R. SMG enters the crafter
• Spitfire returns to the floor
• Peacekeeper returns to the floor
Anvil Receiver Hop-Up
• Limb damage multiplier reduced to 0.75 (was 0.9)
• Flatline damage reduced to 39 (was 43)
• R301 damage reduced to 32 (was 35)
• Damage reduced to 32 (was 34)
Prowler Burst PDW
• Damage increased to 15 (was 14)
• Now requires 1 shield cell to Energise (was 2)
• Fixed mirage decoys not showing shield regen fx when near a Wattson Pylon or in Control or Gun Game modes.
• 10 new Welcome Challenges added to help new players learn Apex.
• New “Apex 101” badge reward for completing all 10 Welcome Challenges.
• Changing characters in the Firing Range now has a smoother third-person transition.
• Fixed rare issue with Mobile Respawn Beacon sometimes spawning the Dropship out of bounds.
• Fixed issue with ability previews when entering Phase Portals.
• Doors now always appear as damaged when they’re one melee attack away from being destroyed.
• Caustic Town Takeover loot canisters now behave more reliably in Control Mode.
• Reduced the VFX of Caustic’s gas flash.
• Fixed rare client crash with IMC Armouries.
• Fixed the raven in Bloodhound’s Niflheim Hundr skin to appear as white more reliably.
• DirectX 12 beta: added support for the Brightness slider in all Display Modes.
• DirectX 12 beta: Fixed crash with setting.mat_backbuffer_count “0” in videoconfig.txt settings.
• Fixed issue where Crypto could inspect while using their drone removing the HUD.
• Fixed issue where the lobby tabs would enter an unresponsive state after changing resolution on PC.
• Adjusted hold and tap logic for controller players viewing weapons in Loadouts to be more responsive.
Source: Read Full Article