Apex Legends Season 2 release date news has been teased today by Respawn, alongside a new Legends event planned for June.
As many fans will already know, the Apex Season 2 Battle Pass is launching next month.
An exact date has yet to be shared by Respawn, but it doesn’t look like it will be happening until after June 8.
This is because an official announcement regarding the Season 2 Battle Pass will be made during the EA Play event next week.
Here are the details from Respawn, who confirmed: “At 10:00 a.m. PST on Saturday, June 8, we’ll be sharing some of the first details on Apex Legends Season 2 as part of our EA PLAY live stream. Today, we want to tell you about just a few of the high-level improvements you can expect from our second Battle Pass.”
As mentioned above, we have been given news on what Respawn are hoping to improve with their second season of Apex Legends action.
From what has been shared, it looks like fans can expect a lot of changes to made, based on their own feedback.
This will include being able to level up via Daily and Weekly Challenges, reducing the time it takes to reach level 100 and adding three more Legends Skins to the rewards track.
The dev team have also announced that three entirely new content categories will be replacing badge and stat tracker rewards and each player will also earn enough Crafting Metal rewards from the full reward track to craft a Legendary item.
Here’s more from Respawn, who revealed today: “Starting in Season 2, you’ll be able to complete a mix of Daily and Weekly Challenges to level up your Battle Pass. If you miss a few weeks or start late, your Weekly Challenges will still be around for you when you return, and you can complete them all at once.
“While we don’t want to introduce wacky challenges that drastically warp the way you play the game, these challenges should provide some interesting variation from game-to-game. This means all players should feel more rapid Battle Pass progression and the journey will hopefully be more fun and interesting.
“Also, this addition should allow players who can only dedicate a few hours a week to the game to make a very deep cut into their Battle Pass progression.
Adding: “We removed badges and basic stat trackers completely from the premium Battle Pass rewards track for Season 2. You’ll still get a seasonal badge, but it’ll be a single, evolving badge that won’t take up any additional reward slots! We’ve kept seasonal win trackers in the free path, and they will all be earnable in the first 10 levels.
“You’ll also be able to earn items from three new content categories in place of badges/trackers. We’ll be revealing details about these categories closer to the launch of Season 2.”
A new Legends event was also announced today called The Legendary Hunt, which is set to run for two weeks, starting June 4.
Details of all the new bonuses and rewards being released during the new event can be found below:
- Apex Elite Queue – Test yourself against the best with the Apex Elite queue. Make it to the Top 5 in any match to earn your way into a select queue full of other Top 5 winners.
- Here’s the catch: in order to continue playing in the queue you will have to keep placing in the Top 5.
- Legendary Hunt Challenge Rewards – Complete a set of limited-time challenges and earn new Rare, Epic, and Legendary skins.
- Double XP Weekend – From Friday, June 7 at 10 a.m. PST through Monday, June 10 at 10 a.m. PST, earn double XP on base progression and Battle Pass progression.
- Battle Pass Bonus XP – Finish Top 5 in any match and earn an entire Battle Pass level (once per day).
- Legendary Hunt Store Skins – Every three to four days during the event, we’ll have new Legendary Hunt themed skins rotating through the in-game store for direct purchase.
- Two Additional Legendary Skins for all Battle Pass Owners – Players who have the Wild Frontier Battle Pass will automatically get the Legendary Honored Prey R-301 skin.
- Players who reach Battle Pass level 15 before the end of the event will get the Wraith-Night Terror Legendary skin.
Source: Read Full Article