At long last, Vanillite, the ice cream-shaped Pokémon, is being added to Pokémon Go.
As part of a holiday event that runs from Dec. 22 at 8 a.m. until Dec. 31 at 10 p.m. in your local time, ice-type Pokémon and Pokémon in holiday costumes will spawn. Outside of the lovely and adorable Vanillite getting added to the game (as well as its evolutions Vanillish and Vanilluxe), the highlight of the event will be the special bonuses that activate at specific times, which you can see below:
- Dec. 22 at 12 a.m. until Dec. 23 at 11:59 p.m. — Doubled raid XP
- Dec. 24 at 12 a.m. until Dec. 25 at 11:59 p.m. — Doubled catch candy
- Dec. 26 at 12 a.m. until Dec. 27 at 11:59 p.m. — Doubled Star Piece duration
- Dec. 28 at 12 a.m. until Dec. 29 at 11:59 p.m. — Doubled Lucky Egg duration
- Dec. 30 at 12 a.m. until Dec. 31 at 11:59 p.m. — Doubled catch Stardust
Other holiday-themed perks, like special stickers, avatar clothing items, and the like will also be available during the event period. There’ll also be some event Field Research Tasks that reward Vanillite and Cryogonal.
Pokémon Go is currently in the midst of its current season, known as the Season of Celebration. Developer Niantic announced the mobile game’s new seasonal structure in November.
Source: Read Full Article