Pokemon Go will kick off the new year with a big new gameplay feature. Niantic shared the first details on Buddy Adventure, a new feature that is rolling out around the world by 2020 and gives you more ways to interact and strengthen your bond with your Buddy Pokemon.
Just as you can increase your friendship level with other players, you’ll be able to raise your Buddy Level with your Pokemon once the Buddy Adventure feature goes live. After feeding your Buddy Pokemon a berry from the new Buddy Pokemon profile page, you’ll become Good Buddies, and you’ll be able to see your Buddy Pokemon following along behind you on the overworld screen. You can further increase your Buddy Level to Great, Ultra, and Best Buddies by playing with your Pokemon, using it in battle, and taking snapshots of it.
Each Buddy Level also opens up different bonuses; you can see what each friendship tier unlocks below, courtesy of the official Pokemon Go website:
- Good Buddy: Your buddy can join you on your map view! You’ll also see how your buddy feels on the Buddy profile page.
- Great Buddy: Having a hard time catching a Pokemon? Your buddy may help you out in Pokemon encounters! It can also bring you items that can help you in your Pokemon Go journey.
- Ultra Buddy: Your buddy will help you explore the world around you by letting you know about interesting places nearby! Your buddy will also bring you Souvenirs, which you can keep track of on the buddy profile page.
- Best Buddy: Become Best Buddies, and your buddy will sport a Best Buddy Ribbon to show off to everyone just how close you two are! Pokemon that you’re Best Buddies with can get a CP boost in combat as long as they’re still assigned as your Buddy Pokémon.
On top of that, the new Buddy profile page will let you see your Pokemon’s mood, its progress toward finding Candy, and a list of daily activities to complete that will earn you hearts and, in turn, improve your Buddy Pokemon’s mood. Once your buddy’s mood is maxed out, it’ll be able to find Candy at half the distance it normally takes. On top of that, the Buddy Adventure update will make it so that changing Buddy Pokemon will no longer reset that Pokemon’s progress toward finding Candy.
Following the release of Buddy Adventure, Niantic teases that you’ll be able to meet other players’ Buddy Pokemon in a new “Shared AR Experience” mode. This feature will allow you to sync with up to two other players and take group photos with your Buddy Pokemon. You can read more about the feature on the Pokemon Go website.
In the meantime, there are still a lot of events in store for Pokemon Go this month. The Legendary Gen 5 Pokemon, Virizion, is making its debut in Raid Battles today, December 17, while Ho-Oh and Lugia are returning for a special Raid Weekend from December 20-23. Pokemon Go’s annual holiday event will follow beginning December 24 and will introduce a handful of new Gen 5 Ice Pokemon to the game. You can catch up on other recent Pokemon Go news below.
Pokemon Go News
- Pokemon Go: Last Chance To Catch Terrakion
- Pokemon Go December 2019 Community Day Guide: Featured Pokemon, Start Times, And More
- Pokemon Go December 2019 Field Research Task List
- New Pokemon Go Event Makes It Much Easier To Get Evolution Items
- Pokemon Go December Community Day Weekend Brings Back All Previous Featured Pokemon
GameSpot may get a commission from retail offers.
Source: Read Full Article