Riot Games keep revealing day by day all the new cards, champions, keywords, and spells that will come with Legends of Runeterra’s Call of the Mountain expansion next August 26th.
After the last announcements, that brought a new keyword, Nightfall, together with five new collectible cards that will work around the Nightfall mechanics, it was just a matter of time before Riot Games revealed the cards of the Champion coming from the Shadow Isle region: Nocturne.
New Champion: Nocturne
The last nightmare you’ll ever have. pic.twitter.com/SBiqfGaRFr
— Legends of Runeterra (@PlayRuneterra) August 18, 2020
Nocturne will bring the nightmares to our decks in a four-mana-cost Champion card with 5/3 in the stats and the Fearsome keyword. It will follow the Nightfall ability both granting an enemy Vulnerable and giving all the enemies -1|-0 for one round.
It will reach his leveled form when we have attacked with more than five Nightfall allies.
Nocturne’s leveled form is a champion unit with 6/4 in stats and the Fearsome keyword that grants the ally units Fearsome. This card unit will also reduce the power of all enemies -1|-0 for one round whenever we play any of our units.
If you want to know what cards does Nocturne require to work with the Nightfall ability (and what does this keyword do), take a look at the last announcements made by Riot Games.
As we can see in the presentation Tweet above, Nocturne will bring a new Burst spell called Shroud of Darkness. This Burst spell is a one-mana-cost spell that grants an ally +1|+0 and SpellShield for one round the next time we summon it.
Right after Nocturne was unveiled, we had new spoilers for the Call of the Mountain expansion regarding the Nocturne package that will complete the Nocturne champion unit cards and the Burst spell we have talked about before: Nocturne’s Unspeakable Horror, Stalking Shadows, and Risen Mists.
- Nocturne’s Unspeakable Horror: a two-mana-cost Fast spell that drains 1 from anything we want and shuffles Nocturne into our deck. Thanks to its Nightfall ability, it will also create a random Nightfall card in our hand.
- Stalking Shadows: a two-mana-cost Burst spell that allows us to pick a follower from the top four cards of our deck. After that, we draw that follower and create an Ephemeral copy in our hand while the other three cards get shuffled back into the deck.
- Risen Mists: a four-mana-cost Burst spell that summons a Mistwraith.
After all these “dark” announcements, Riot Games brought some light to the Legends of Runeterra expansion by unveiling a new keyword and four new followers coming from the Targon region.
New Keyword – Daybreak
The Solari devote themselves to the sun—and are blessed by its light. New Keyword—Daybreak: Bonus if this is the first card you play in a round. pic.twitter.com/LyrZhRcr0x
— Legends of Runeterra (@PlayRuneterra) August 19, 2020
The Solari will break into our decks with a new mechanic that will grant us bonuses if some of them are the first card that we play within a turn. That is how Daybreak will work, just the opposite of how Nightfall does.
As we mentioned before, four new collectible cards have been revealed: Solari Soldier, Solari Shieldbearer, Sun Guardian, and Rahvun, Daylight’s Spear.
- Solari Soldier: a common one-mana-cost unit with 2/2 stats and the Daybreak ability, that grants itself +1|+1 for one round.
- Solari Shieldbearer: a common two-mana-cost unit with 3/2 stats and the Daybreak ability, that grants itself +0|+4 for one round.
- Sun Guardian: an epic six-mana-cost unit with 4/3 in stats and Overwhelm. Its Daybreak ability grants itself +4|+4 for one round.
- Rahvun, Daylight’s Spear: a rare five-mana-cost unit with 5/5 in stats and the Daybreak ability, that creates a random Daybreak card in our hand, and also stats that “It is always Day for us”, which could mean that our Day cards will be able to gain their bonuses.
After these announcements, we can be pretty sure about who will be the next Champion to be revealed. Since they have been already confirmed by a cinematic, Leona will be the next Champion coming to Call of the Mountain expansion, and Diana will surely follow her.
Source: Read Full Article